Lost [ Tue 13th Sep ] v Stratford Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: [ Tue 13th Sep ] v Stratford Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by diamondsteve »

Well all the optimism before the game makes us all foolish again.

Hinds up top , gets pulled after what 60th? At 1-0 down for Conner (why not leave Hinds on?) shortly after it goes 2-0.

1 shot ON (tame like a back pass) - 1 OFF , there’s the stats……..

Why Tee on right wing?
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Was Hines seriously up front on his own?! No disrespect to him, but the guy has played step 5 football for the past few seasons, how can you expect him to play up front on his own and with little support at a higher level on his debut? Talk about throwing him in the deep end...

To be honesr, I can't see how someone who was struggling to start for a mid table step 5 team this season has even been signed let alone be the answer to our goal scoring problems, but needless to say our problems run a lot deeper than just the striker position and not much anyone can do without service.

Teams around us have picked up some good points Stourbridge drew with Nuneaton last night and Ilkeston thrashed Coalville tonight away can you believe, so now 5 points adrift of safety, things are looking very bleak right now and didn't sound like there was much to change that feeling tonight.

Two massive away games coming up against Barwell and Hednesford, if we don't win one or both of those, then Burge absolutely has to go 100%, that's clear.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Olly wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:28 pm Was Hines seriously up front on his own?! No disrespect to him, but the guy has played step 5 football for the past few seasons, how can you expect him to play up front on his own and with little support at a higher level on his debut? Talk about throwing him in the deep end...

To be honesr, I can't see how someone who was struggling to start for a mid table step 5 team this season has even been signed let alone be the answer to our goal scoring problems, but needless to say our problems run a lot deeper than just the striker position and not much anyone can do without service.

Teams around us have picked up some good points Stourbridge drew with Nuneaton last night and Ilkeston thrashed Coalville tonight away can you believe, so now 5 points adrift of safety, things are looking very bleak right now and didn't sound like there was much to change that feeling tonight.

Two massive away games coming up against Barwell and Hednesford, if we don't win one or both of those, then Burge absolutely has to go 100%, that's clear.
Joseph on commentary said he was alone up top, had Tee and Conner on the wings. We had all other attack on the bench Conner Cooper Black.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Olly wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:28 pm Was Hines seriously up front on his own?! No disrespect to him, but the guy has played step 5 football for the past few seasons, how can you expect him to play up front on his own and with little support at a higher level on his debut? Talk about throwing him in the deep end...
My thoughts exactly. It's the latest in what's becoming a fairly long line of head-scratching decisions from the Manager who - to quote verbatim from one of his early interviews - doesn't like playing 1 up top.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

An honest interview from Burg “it’s either me or the players which needs to go” “if anyone wants to leave right now let me know and do me a favour”
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

AFCRDTV speaks with Andy Burgess post match.

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

diamondsteve wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:18 am An honest interview from Burg “it’s either me or the players which needs to go” “if anyone wants to leave right now let me know and do me a favour”
Wow, very honest indeed. Hate to say it, but at this point it might be both if we are to avoid relegation. Failure to turn a corner and win at Barwell I would say Burge has to step away and I hope he can recognise that if it comes to it and doesn't overstay. We have talent in this squad no doubt, but I fear it would take a very good manager to turn these youngsters into a team that can survive at this level.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

diamondsteve wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:18 am An honest interview from Burg “it’s either me or the players which needs to go” “if anyone wants to leave right now let me know and do me a favour”
You can admire the honesty but ultimately it's the Manager that's brought the players in. He's put this squad together in his image, a squad so young and inexperienced at this level I have no idea how he ever thought it would work. It would be wrong to blame the players at this point, IMO.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:43 am
You can admire the honesty but ultimately it's the Manager that's brought the players in. He's put this squad together in his image, a squad so young and inexperienced at this level I have no idea how he ever thought it would work. It would be wrong to blame the players at this point, IMO.
The comments in the interview about telling the players that they are good enough to walk into any team in the league, but then says if they don't want to stay they can leave, suggests that he has lost their confidence or worse still, lost the dressing room!
Paddy's exit would seem to add credence to this??