Match Postponed [ Sat 10th Sep ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 10th Sep ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 10th Sep ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Well I’m looking forward to the game, even if no-one else is!

I’ll be there to support Burge and the lads and to offer words of support and encouragement, they seem in short supply on here at the moment!

When things are going well it’s easy to support a club, but it’s about when things don’t go well you find out about people.

I’m as disappointed as the next fan about the manner of our cup exit and the start to the season - but some of the stuff written on here this week frankly has been embarrassing.

You’re all entitled to your opinions, of course you are, but with a young team and manager what they need now is support and encouragement, to know we’re behind them and have got their backs! I’m sure I’ll get piled on for saying that but I don’t care really.

Bickering, pointing the finger and apportioning blame to whoever it is directed at won’t get us out of this situation - maybe the lads knowing we’re behind them and lifting some of the immense pressure they must all be feeling right now might be the way to go?

Maybe I’m in the minority thinking that - but heaping pressure on these lads isn’t going to get us anywhere IMO and that’s all a lot of the chat on here this week has been aimed at!

Roll on Saturday! COYW!!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Great post Jim
AFC R&D Member No. 67
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Totally agree , good post James
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Agreed, and I’m sure we’ll all be there to support the team. Because I don’t think what’s been discussed on here has been about the squad. We know they’re young and from all the games I’ve been to they’ve had the support home and away.

I think the issues have been more about the management. It’s not healthy to slate them 24/7 and should get some backing but they shouldn’t be impervious to criticism either. The buck stops with them and this is a results business.

It is interesting you say “it’s when things don’t go well you find out about people”. As sadly the most recent bad example of this is Burgess doing a disappearing act and not doing an interview after the Enfield game. Which isn’t on for me. Even Peaks did one after 8-2 drubbing 3 years ago against this weekends opponents.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Reading some of the stuff on here criticising the manager, the players and the board, questioning their abilities, is counter productive - have a whinge with your mates over a pint, we all do that - but plastering stuff about the board and the management/players over the internet for them to see isn’t on IMO, and that is exactly what some people have done.

Its all well and good cheering on from the touch line - but slagging them off here just makes that a waste of time! We need to build confidence - not batter them all the time!!

I’m saying nothing more on the subject and I’m in the ‘wait and see’ naughty corner I’m afraid - we knew this year was all about transition and learning, if we stop this bitching and get behind them we might see the improvements we all want!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Completely agree that we should stick to supporting the team on Saturday, we badly need that win and not going to get it if we constantly swag them off.

However I also share the concerned feeling over Burge's disappearing act and just hope that whatever is going on with him doesn't affect the players.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Highly likely this will get postponed now following the profound loss of Her Majesty.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Rushdenjim wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:14 pm Highly likely this will get postponed now following the profound loss of Her Majesty.
Possibly the Tuesday game v Stratford too