Match Postponed [ Sat 10th Sep ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Re: [ Sat 10th Sep ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by The pressman »

If, as I understand it, Paddy has gone then that is a huge blow for the manager and and the fans. I don't think Paddy has been the Paddy of old but I would argue that he is still one of our best players and capable of playing at Step 2. If he was - as I've been hearing - unhappy here then Burge really needed to do a man manager job on him and plead with him to stay. Say to him 'give me another month to sort this out'!

Finally, the more I hear about things at the club - and I remain confident that Matt Ward and his team will sort the many issues out - we do need more people on the board with real football knowledge - we currently only have people on there who wrongly think they do!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

The pressman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:24 am
We currently only have people on there who wrongly think they do!
Would you like to clarify this comment given we have a UEFA B license coach on the board?
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Nice to know that there is FINALLY one player very close to joining. Thank goodness todays game was cancelled as we wouldn’t of had them completed in time. Take it we should see them on Tuesday now!
The pressman

Post by The pressman »

I knew you would come back with that! It doesn't mean to say that someone with a coaching badges know everything about football!!!
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

The pressman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:38 am I knew you would come back with that!
Sure you did.
It doesn't mean to say that someone with a coaching badges know everything about football!!!
No, but then anyone who says they know everything is probably not being honest since football is always evolving. Would you like to name that individual and expand upon what you think they are wrong about and why?
The pressman

Post by The pressman »

No I don't because as you should know that is not the right thing to do - and a good try on your part!

You will be pleased to know Scott that I am going to take a break from posting on here for the next couple of months. I'm going to try and be patient and give Matt Ward and his team a chance to sort out the mess we are in both on and off the field. Before you ask, that's the Academy, the first team, communication, communication, communication, man management and constant interference.

But before I leave this board for a while, a question for you Scott? You say there are no issues within your media team. Then why has one member been deleted from your whatsapp group due to differing views??????

see you in 2 months!
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

The pressman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 am No I don't because as you should know that is not the right thing to do - and a good try on your part!
Nor was what you posted, which you know is why I challenged you on it.
You will be pleased to know Scott that I am going to take a break from posting on here for the next couple of months. I'm going to try and be patient and give Matt Ward and his team a chance to sort out the mess we are in both on and off the field. Before you ask, that's the Academy, the first team, communication, communication, communication, man management and constant interference.
I'd also mention that Chris McCormack is doing a great job along with Matt trying to sort out things at the Club. It would be good for you to still have that chat in person.
But before I leave this board for a while, a question for you Scott? You say there are no issues within your media team. Then why has one member been deleted from your whatsapp group due to differing views??????
They have not been deleted, they are taking a break from the group for the moment.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

ffs pressman and maddog do your bikering in private,,,with each other,,,if its constructive criticism or patting on the back,,,where we can all get involved,great but this is pathetic,,,,,,,,back to topic ,,,,,,as burge has said in his interview there should be a new signing for todays game,and alas its not going ahead ,RIP QUEEN ELIZABETH ,,,,AND GOD SAVE THE KING !! will we hear who it is before 3 oclock(getting excited :joy: ) any wispers :secret: :secret:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

The pressman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 am No I don't because as you should know that is not the right thing to do - and a good try on your part!

see you in 2 months!
I respect that you have concerns regarding the club, but is a forum the best place to air those concerns? You’ve been told to go and speak to one of the board members, in this instance Chris or Matt would be the best to speak to since you appear to have some confidence in them? Let them know your concerns privately, and I’m sure they’ll get sorted.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

discodunk wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:58 pm ffs pressman and maddog do your bikering in private,,,with each other,,,if its constructive criticism or patting on the back,,,where we can all get involved,great but this is pathetic,,,,,,,,back to topic ,,,,,,as burge has said in his interview there should be a new signing for todays game,and alas its not going ahead ,RIP QUEEN ELIZABETH ,,,,AND GOD SAVE THE KING !! will we hear who it is before 3 oclock(getting excited :joy: ) any wispers :secret: :secret:
Your wish is granted!!

https://afcdiamondsforum.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9054
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73