Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by Andrew »

NN10-Nige wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:19 pm So, Pressman mentioned attitudes of certain people at the club and now Matt has left and given attitudes of certain people at the club as the reason.

Nobody names names.

If someone or people involved at the club are driving away other good people who have done a hell of a lot for this club - then they are not representing the interests of the fans.

Are these people who have always been involved at the club? or are they people that have arrived in the past 2 years?

Either way it doesn't sound like the same club that the chair just 3 days ago said had become a lot more professional since Andy Burgess took over.
I honestly feel for Matt and know exactly what how he feels. I worked at the club for around 7-8 years. Loved working there, loved going to games, and felt proud to be associated with the club. But I felt the last year was just awful because of some people involved. In fairness it’s was developing before that. I left in April and haven’t been back since and have no desire to either. And I’m not the only one. There are some fantastic people involved, but the actions and mannerisms of a few are driving people away. And will continue to do so
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

These few people that keep getting mentioned seem to be causing the club to rot from the inside need dealing with. As a fan-owned club what recourse do we have to oust these allegedly toxic individuals?
FuriousHoon / Ollie
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

We simply can not allow for volunteers and fans to be made to not want to come anymore. This needs dealing with as this seems too many people to be a one off. Of course we will all have disagreements but to get to not wanting to come anymore must mean it’s quite substantial.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Sorry to be a bore but careful where we go on this one please, on a public forum. If people want to name names on this issue I'd suggest the co-chairman are contacted directly or it's discussed on the member's forum.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:25 am Sorry to be a bore but careful where we go on this one please, on a public forum. If people want to name names on this issue I'd suggest the co-chairman are contacted directly or it's discussed on the member's forum.
Totally agree. The irony of anonymous posters demanding to know names
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Most definitely needs to be done via the proper channels, we need everyone at the moment and I hope that whatever has happened can be rectified so that the people who have stopped coming can return.
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:25 am Sorry to be a bore but careful where we go on this one please, on a public forum. If people want to name names on this issue I'd suggest the co-chairman are contacted directly or it's discussed on the member's forum.
Agree on sorting it out the right way, but why can’t names be shared? We’re all happy enough to criticise players publicly, it shouldn’t be different with the board/anyone else at the club.

Like you say, it’s a public football forum, not a dark web hitman list :cheesy:

All getting very political now sadly
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:37 pm
Agree on sorting it out the right way, but why can’t names be shared? We’re all happy enough to criticise players publicly, it shouldn’t be different with the board/anyone else at the club.

The answer to your question is - because if that happens, it will be the end of the Club.

The players get paid so, in my opinion, it's fair to talk critically about their performance so long as the criticism is within reason and not personal. At the end of the day, our gate money goes to pay their wages, so we have a certain right to have our say (even though I personally tend to choose not to exercise that right).

With Board members, or other volunteers, who give up their time and generally put their personal money into the Club as well the above does not hold. Who in their right mind would put themselves forward to volunteer or for the Board if they then start getting called out on this forum every time someone has an issue with them? We are already short of candidates for the Board, as demonstrated by the last election and this would only make that worse. Issues do need to be spoken about, of course, but this is not the right place to start naming names.

If you have a point which can be put forward constructively, then by all means make it to whoever you think it needs making to at the Club. However, a poor start to the season and all of a sudden people want to start "Witch Hunting" on the forum???

Incredibly depressing and it genuinely makes me wonder what the point of the past ~11.5 years has been...
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:37 pm

Besides everything AndyKirkup's just said, you're essentially going to be questioning someone's character. A bit different to questioning someone's performance. It's morally wrong to call people out in this manner if nothing else regardless what you think of them.

You're also leaving yourself exposed if you're unable to back it up. I found this out the hard way back in 2011 when I kept making comments about the Southport chairman engineering our expulsion from the Conference to save his team (when he was on the Conference board), only to be told our forum was being watched by the Conference bosses at the time and that they were unhappy with some comments, which worried me slightly!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

One for all, all for one when it comes to the board. They are in it together, publicly name one then you level the same charge at them all.

Plus there are always two sides to every story. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

From the outside looking in it seems that the poor performances on the pitch has led to some looking for other ways to lay the blame, perhaps not wanting to call the players out.

I've yet to meet anyone at any club at this level and below who volunteers their services and doesn't want the best for their club. Sometimes you have to ride the crunchy with the smooth and you are finding this at the moment.

I will lay good odd that as well as their full time jobs the board members are putting in twenty five or thirty hours a week at the moment to get the club on the right track, and they won't be pleasant hours. Regardless of what you think of the board's performance they are the ones that the members have put in place to be custodians of the club at the present time.