Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by BartonRaz »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:45 pm
nsman wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:02 pm John Dunham has just tweeted that his regular interview & report for the ET this week is with the assistant manager. Ominous.
Terrible problems both on and off the pitch right now. Very worrying.
I can understand him refusing to speak to the media in a way, he reportedly got abuse shouted at him after the loss on Sunday. As much as we’ve questioned his management skills, shouting abuse at him is totally unacceptable, so his mindset may be if the fans think this or that about me why should I bother.

People will say, well he should be professional and get on with it, but we don’t know what else is going on behind the scenes or in his personal life, he may even be questioning his future at the club.
Whatever the circumstances as the manager of the football club after a result like that you've got to front up and take the flack. To take the heat off the players as much as anything, but also to try and calm things down with some choice words. I appreciate he will have been as frustrated and upset as anybody with what happened but to hide from it publicly is not right, in my opinion.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:45 pm
nsman wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:02 pm John Dunham has just tweeted that his regular interview & report for the ET this week is with the assistant manager. Ominous.
Terrible problems both on and off the pitch right now. Very worrying.
I can understand him refusing to speak to the media in a way, he reportedly got abuse shouted at him after the loss on Sunday. As much as we’ve questioned his management skills, shouting abuse at him is totally unacceptable, so his mindset may be if the fans think this or that about me why should I bother.

People will say, well he should be professional and get on with it, but we don’t know what else is going on behind the scenes or in his personal life, he may even be questioning his future at the club.
All part and parcel of being a football manager. Happens at every level. Think most people thought that Sunday would kick start our season with a win, but they bowed out the cup with a whimper. A lot of people were frustrated and annoyed with the result and performance on Sunday, having to travel and pay their money to watch a pretty dire effort against a team two leagues below.
I for one will still be behind the management and team going into Saturday, even if in not confident of getting a result. Like I've posted before, I think we're a centre half and striker short of building a team that can get those results, but this recruitment has to happen soon.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Apparently Paddy has gone, not surprised as he had a face like a smacked arse this season, clearly didn’t want to be here.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:20 pm Apparently Paddy has gone, not surprised as he had a face like a smacked arse this season, clearly didn’t want to be here.
I said that right from pre season. I believe he is only going UCL initially but hopefully we retain his SL registration and can get compo for him in due course.
TheIncognitoKid

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:02 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:20 pm Apparently Paddy has gone, not surprised as he had a face like a smacked arse this season, clearly didn’t want to be here.
I said that right from pre season. I believe he is only going UCL initially but hopefully we retain his SL registration and can get compo for him in due course.
He didn't seem to bothered about the defeat last Sunday, seen laughing at the side of the pitch after that display. Hasn't been the same player this season and was dreadful last Sunday. A new centre half and we'll have a side good enough to compete.
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Andrew »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:23 pm
He didn't seem to bothered about the defeat last Sunday, seen laughing at the side of the pitch after that display. Hasn't been the same player this season and was dreadful last Sunday. A new centre half and we'll have a side good enough to compete.
A brilliant lad. At times we react in very different ways despite the circumstance. I’m sure he is frustrated by the way things have panned out and I’m sure 💯 he has given his all. Perhaps things he thought would happen, haven’t and that is his frustration. I don’t know. I’d always say there’s 2 sides to every story. Let’s not judge and be clouded in our judgement.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Also seemed more interested in retweeting tweets from other clubs, never saw him post anything regarding us, other players would tweet “Not the result we wanted, we’ll go again next week” after our games, but he’d be tweeting about Banbury’s new signings, or their goalscorers. Maybe he was hoping to join Peaksy at Tamworth, but that hasn’t happened.

Best of luck to him, made the step up to the first team with ease.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Has he definitely gone?

I do feel that I have little idea, especially this pre-season and first few weeks of the season what is happening with some of the players. I saw some mention on here that FBT is returning in September - is he? Others have seemingly disappeared - for example, Shamsi, what happened to him? The only time that I seem to know someone has moved on is when I hear they have signed for someone else.
TheIncognitoKid

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:12 am Has he definitely gone?

I do feel that I have little idea, especially this pre-season and first few weeks of the season what is happening with some of the players. I saw some mention on here that FBT is returning in September - is he? Others have seemingly disappeared - for example, Shamsi, what happened to him? The only time that I seem to know someone has moved on is when I hear they have signed for someone else.
Also, what's happened to Jack snelus? Signed just before the opening day, but has even featured yet to my knowledge
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:42 am
Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:12 am Has he definitely gone?

Also, what's happened to Jack snelus? Signed just before the opening day, but has even featured yet to my knowledge
Was clearly not good enough in pre season imo and have a feeling he was signed just to make up numbers of the bench for that first game