Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by discodunk »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:46 pm
discodunk wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:19 pm I thought he had already been manager,,or at least assistant manager at the ploppies,,,he only goes where the money is,, so we are out,,,horrible coach,,,foul mouthed,,,,,,,but at this moment if it gets us out of the 💩, I'll take him :biggrin:
From what I’m led to believe, I think he puts in his own £££ rather than going to where the money is. Also to echo SouthRushden although I don’t know him personally, plenty of people seem to be of the opinion that he’s a massive arsehole 😂
I dont think he does put his own money in,,,he's only like me and you ,i think he works on the railways,,,dont quote me on that,,,or he used to .he is a massive arsehole,,ive seen him in action when he used to look after the ploppies under 18s ,they were loseing 2:0 to our lads,and while i was fetching a ball i thought id listen in on his half time talk,,,,jesus,,,i was embarrassed,,,,f ing and jeffing,slagging each player off ,to the point i had to say something, only to be told to F OFF,,,,nice i thought,,,what a bueat he is ,,,,please can we stop all talk of this muppet,,,if he sees this his ego will be even larger !!
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

discodunk wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:11 pm
Diamond_ Wolf wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:46 pm
discodunk wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:19 pm I thought he had already been manager,,or at least assistant manager at the ploppies,,,he only goes where the money is,, so we are out,,,horrible coach,,,foul mouthed,,,,,,,but at this moment if it gets us out of the 💩, I'll take him :biggrin:
From what I’m led to believe, I think he puts in his own £££ rather than going to where the money is. Also to echo SouthRushden although I don’t know him personally, plenty of people seem to be of the opinion that he’s a massive arsehole 😂
I dont think he does put his own money in,,,he's only like me and you ,i think he works on the railways,,,dont quote me on that,,,or he used to .he is a massive arsehole,,ive seen him in action when he used to look after the ploppies under 18s ,they were loseing 2:0 to our lads,and while i was fetching a ball i thought id listen in on his half time talk,,,,jesus,,,i was embarrassed,,,,f ing and jeffing,slagging each player off ,to the point i had to say something, only to be told to F OFF,,,,nice i thought,,,what a bueat he is ,,,,please can we stop all talk of this muppet,,,if he sees this his ego will be even larger !!
He does put his own money in.

To be honest I'd rather be relegated than have him in charge, you'd be throwing away all your integrity
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

With no game on Saturday its the perfect opportunity for the players and management to have a whole day talking and training and generally getting to grips with some of the problems. Chance for players to privately discuss with Burge any doubts they may have about him and vice versa. On the whole a great opportunity for a Frank exchange of views. So at least some small consolation for having no game.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

As it appears they are not training today, they have obviously travelled enmasse to watch Barwell v K*ttering to get an insight in to next week's opponents
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:37 pm As it appears they are not training today, they have obviously travelled enmasse to watch Barwell v K*ttering to get an insight in to next week's opponents
I wouldn’t joke about that it might of actually happened.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:51 pm With no game on Saturday its the perfect opportunity for the players and management to have a whole day talking
Don't be daft, that's what a sensible football manager would do, anything is worth a try to help team spirit and bonding etc.

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:37 pm As it appears they are not training today, they have obviously travelled enmasse to watch Barwell
Nope, Burge has spent the afternoon with a precision screwdriver set, a USB cable and 20 GPS vests, he's been tinkering with the settings and plugging them into his laptop to see if he can figure out why we haven't played well this season.

The data shows if all the players would run an extra 5 yards per game we would have 2 extra shots on target and therefore win games.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Let's try and be positive.
It is Saturday and we didn't lose.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:12 am
That's a real shame, but I respect his reasons. He was a great help to me when I was running the club website.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

So, Pressman mentioned attitudes of certain people at the club and now Matt has left and given attitudes of certain people at the club as the reason.

Nobody names names.

If someone or people involved at the club are driving away other good people who have done a hell of a lot for this club - then they are not representing the interests of the fans.

Are these people who have always been involved at the club? or are they people that have arrived in the past 2 years?

Either way it doesn't sound like the same club that the chair just 3 days ago said had become a lot more professional since Andy Burgess took over.