Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:12 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:34 pm
NN10-Nige wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:40 pm Just read this on Twitter
Mitch Austin anyone?
Why would he want to leave a club that attracts better players than what we do? :hehe:
He's also a massive arsehole
And also a K*ttering fan I believe.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

So lining himself up for the Ploppies job after they go out of FA Cup at the weekend and Glover is sacked.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I was trying to remember whether we've given two of his teams a spanking when his budget was rather less than it is now - Woodford 0 Diamonds 6, and Diamonds 7 Doughboys 0 spring to mind, but maybe he was only assistant manager for one of them.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

I thought he had already been manager,,or at least assistant manager at the ploppies,,,he only goes where the money is,, so we are out,,,horrible coach,,,foul mouthed,,,,,,,but at this moment if it gets us out of the 💩, I'll take him :biggrin:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:21 am So lining himself up for the Ploppies job after they go out of FA Cup at the weekend and Glover is sacked.
I remember after we beat K*ttering at Sixfields, there was insults being thrown each direction by both sets of supporters on Twitter, he joined in and was less than complimentary about us, not sure I’d want a manager with that kind of mentality, regardless of how good he is.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

We last came up against Mitch Austin when he managed Woodford United who we thrashed in a cup fixture about 7 years ago. After being assistant manager at the Ploppies he was assistant to Ricky M at St Ives. He has also managed at Bugbrooke and Rothwell Corinthians and I would suspect he has a playing budget far in excess of ours at Harborough Town judging by the calibre of player he has recruited.
His contacts for the type of player required and available at our level in this area will be far superior to that enjoyed by Andy Burgess and his management team.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:32 am
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:12 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:34 pm Why would he want to leave a club that attracts better players than what we do? :hehe:
He's also a massive arsehole
And also a K*ttering fan I believe.
Fair points, I have just seen the names in the squad he won promotion with, my mum could have won the United Counties league if she had a bunch of conference players in her team, that explains why he doesn't get recognition for the stats and has to advertise them himself.

Jon Dunham thinks he will manage at a higher level but I can't take Jon seriously anymore as he wrote that our FA Cup loss 2 weeks ago was a 'shock' when most of our fans expected us to lose.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

discodunk wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:19 pm I thought he had already been manager,,or at least assistant manager at the ploppies,,,he only goes where the money is,, so we are out,,,horrible coach,,,foul mouthed,,,,,,,but at this moment if it gets us out of the 💩, I'll take him :biggrin:
From what I’m led to believe, I think he puts in his own £££ rather than going to where the money is. Also to echo SouthRushden although I don’t know him personally, plenty of people seem to be of the opinion that he’s a massive arsehole 😂
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Maybe we could oemp Graham drury over from Stamford instead then! :rofl:
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:42 pm Maybe we could oemp Graham drury over from Stamford instead then! :rofl:
Would take him. I just think these 9 days now are going to be a waste of time . Just the same old again rather than the club being forward thinking, players ain’t gonna go maybe 1 . It’s like everyone is just waiting to be sack/released , but would take forever because it’s very very different to get sacked at our club , maybe we are too nice.

I want to believe everything will be fine