Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:51 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:42 am
Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:12 am Has he definitely gone?

I do feel that I have little idea, especially this pre-season and first few weeks of the season what is happening with some of the players. I saw some mention on here that FBT is returning in September - is he? Others have seemingly disappeared - for example, Shamsi, what happened to him? The only time that I seem to know someone has moved on is when I hear they have signed for someone else.
Also, what's happened to Jack snelus? Signed just before the opening day, but has even featured yet to my knowledge
Was clearly not good enough in pre season imo and have a feeling he was signed just to make up numbers of the bench for that first game
You'd think he'd make the bench ahead of some of the youngsters that have filled it though. But I agree with your theory
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:12 am Has he definitely gone?

I do feel that I have little idea, especially this pre-season and first few weeks of the season what is happening with some of the players. I saw some mention on here that FBT is returning in September - is he? Others have seemingly disappeared - for example, Shamsi, what happened to him? The only time that I seem to know someone has moved on is when I hear they have signed for someone else.
FBT tweeted last week that he’s back in uk now . That is all we know atm. No doubt burg is on it
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Shamsi is still recovering from last seasons injury. At AGM Burge said he had kept in touch with him but had never seen him play. I believe he was hoping to be back late Sept or October.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Burgess has mentioned Shamsi in a couple of interviews, so I guess he views him as a one of our players still.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Ricky330
Has Liked: 302 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

davealbon wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:19 am Burgess has mentioned Shamsi in a couple of interviews, so I guess he views him as a one of our players still.
I've seen a couple of videos Ravi has posted documenting his recovery process but he doesn't appear to be doing any of it with us at the moment 🤔🤔 I wonder if our Head of Performance will be involved at any stage in getting him back to full fitness??
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Ricky330 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:59 am
davealbon wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:19 am Burgess has mentioned Shamsi in a couple of interviews, so I guess he views him as a one of our players still.
I've seen a couple of videos Ravi has posted documenting his recovery process but he doesn't appear to be doing any of it with us at the moment 🤔🤔 I wonder if our Head of Performance will be involved at any stage in getting him back to full fitness??
I'll be absolutely staggered if Ravi comes back to us given his mate AJ George was frozen out and subsequently left. Fully expect him to end up at Tamworth.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

We need to get Fernando back training with us before others jump in and snatch him away. After tomorrow we have an 11 day break again so chance for him to get to know all the new players.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Keeping in mind that the 2 players we have signed this weekend have made the step up to our level from where they were last season, do we have the budget to bring in any more players?

Hopefully the 2 we have brought in will give the dressing room a lift tomorrow night.

I'm glad the game is on, Peter Crouch had it right when he said games over the weekend should have gone ahead to give fans the chance to have a minute silence, sing the national anthem and pay tribute to the queen that way.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

NN10-Nige wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:57 pm Keeping in mind that the 2 players we have signed this weekend have made the step up to our level from where they were last season, do we have the budget to bring in any more players?
Firstly, apart from the contracted players of which I believe there are only 2 or 3, the rest of the players only get paid if they're included in the match day squad. We can have an infinite number registered, and it doesn't cost us any extra (apart from perhaps a small one-off registration fee).

Secondly, there is still the lottery fund, and I'd be surprised if we've dipped into that to bring in either of the two new strikers, given where they were playing previously.

We obviously don't have a budget comparable to many of the teams in this league, but spent wisely it should be more than sufficient for us to be competitive.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

This could be 20 pages long at this rate…..