Lost [ Sun 4th Sep ] v Enfield FC, KO 1pm FAC1RQ AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sun 4th Sep ] v Enfield FC, KO 1pm FAC1RQ AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Embarrassing, our so called biggest game of our season. The one to turn it around, and what happens? The same of old crap we’ve been seeing for the last 2 months.

Burgess bottled a 9 point lead last season. Had the ego to say our best players leaving wasn’t a problem. Took until the first game of the season to finish his squad, a squad i might add that isn’t even finished and is lacking severe quality and know how. Came in with a fantasy that he had such great contacts at higher clubs and frankly. Sold us down the river, wasted the budget on tech and “heads of” in the name of professionalism. This is step 3 not the league.

Enough. It’s time to go.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Lost 2-1 in the last minute, I'm sure we'll hear about how unlucky we were to lose late one and what from twitter sounds like an error for the first goal, but it just doesn't cut it anymore at this point, another dreadful result and another season with nothing from the cup, it is not good enough and yes, completely embarrassing!

Not going to get on Burge's back yet but even my patience is wearing thin now, we need new faces in and still we've signed no-one, have we seen any evidence at all that buying all that analysis equipment has been worth it??
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

Felt like two step 5 teams playing each other today. Suppose we need the practice…
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Pretty abysmal. Played ok in patches but the truth is we are not good enough in nearly every are of the pitch. 2 really really poor goals to give away and we know that if we concede 2 we are not going to win. Furlong was awful, Casey with the ball awful, decision time this week and that I’d the club must provide the funds to get some decent players in. I honestly dont care about the new ground at the moment, the money needs to be put into the team as we are way off. No point having a new ground if we are in the UCL playing I front of 100 people. This was the game that we simply couldn’t afford to lose and yet again we have against a very average side. They were nothing special at all. First time ever I have seen the fans angry and quite frankly disgusted. What has gone wrong.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

No Burg interview??
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:05 pm Embarrassing, our so called biggest game of our season. The one to turn it around, and what happens? The same of old crap we’ve been seeing for the last 2 months.

Burgess bottled a 9 point lead last season. Had the ego to say our best players leaving wasn’t a problem. Took until the first game of the season to finish his squad, a squad i might add that isn’t even finished and is lacking severe quality and know how. Came in with a fantasy that he had such great contacts at higher clubs and frankly. Sold us down the river, wasted the budget on tech and “heads of” in the name of professionalism. This is step 3 not the league.

Enough. It’s time to go.
Tee was a great contact/signing, don’t know about fossen yet but…. Yes I agree with everything else you’ve said
GreekDiamond

Post by GreekDiamond »

diamondsteve wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:52 pm
GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:05 pm Embarrassing, our so called biggest game of our season. The one to turn it around, and what happens? The same of old crap we’ve been seeing for the last 2 months.

Enough. It’s time to go.
Tee was a great contact/signing, don’t know about fossen yet but…. Yes I agree with everything else you’ve said
Tee is great, sadly he was sent out today on the wing. Meaning our likely best player quality wise was left with his hand up for most of the game asking for the ball whilst the team lumped it up forward to their centre back. Huge waste of his ability
GreekDiamond

Post by GreekDiamond »

Olly wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:06 pm Lost 2-1 in the last minute, I'm sure we'll hear about how unlucky we were to lose late one and what from twitter sounds like an error for the first goal, but it just doesn't cut it anymore at this point, another dreadful result and another season with nothing from the cup, it is not good enough and yes, completely embarrassing!

Not going to get on Burge's back yet but even my patience is wearing thin now, we need new faces in and still we've signed no-one, have we seen any evidence at all that buying all that analysis equipment has been worth it??
I can safely say that….. no, all that expensive equipment definitely wasn’t worth it.