Lost [ Sun 4th Sep ] v Enfield FC, KO 1pm FAC1RQ AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: [ Sun 4th Sep ] v Enfield FC, KO 1pm FAC1RQ AWAY

Post by Ricky330 »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:50 pm I think it’s too early to sack Burge, but things have to change over the next few games. I think the question that needs asking is,when the time comes will the club have the “balls” to make the best decision for the club?

There have been some concerns aired on here by some, and I tried to remain positive, even getting a immature response because I dared to have a difference of opinion!! But even my patience is starting to wear thin. It’s clear we should have appointed someone with experience of the league, rather than, oh he used to play for us let’s give him a shot.

To be fair to the board they are volunteers, and it’s the first time they were put in the situation of appointing a new manager, but maybe they should have gone with their heads rather than their hearts, or got some kind of outsider who had experience of recruiting football managers sit in on the interviews, maybe a chairman of another local club?

If it does happen, then the club really need to make the right decision this time.
I believe that Afc Wimbledon assisted with the appointment process
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:35 pm It’s the reaction from the fans that is the most concerning.
I wasn’t there , was it really that bad?! The fans at the end towards burg?!
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

YoungDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:31 pm Abysmal. Enfield were not a good side, just a solid standard step 5 team, which is worrying. A lot of hit and hope today that eventually just continued to come back as Jenson was isolated again. I would like to know the thought process behind playing Conor Tee on the left wing where he hardly gets the ball and also the idea behind taking our striker off for a winger and proceeding to play the winger down the middle up against big centre backs. Can’t even remember the last game we won in 90 minutes. First time in a while I’ve seen our fans collectively react like that…
April mate last time we won a league game
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Dowlo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:52 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:50 pm No Burg interview??
Just listen to the previous ones from this season/pre season I imagine it'll be similar
Lol “we will train on Tuesday & Thurs and we will go again. We have the quality and as soon as it clicks we will be a force to play against”

Something like this :cheesy:

Footballs horrible sometimes
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

bozzer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:57 pm It’s just awful that our team is in this situation, none of us want to see it, when in this situation you want to see different things, not just the same players and expect a different result.
We talked about getting men in and getting a striker in yet for own reasons or another neither has happened and that’s not good enough.
Apparently Jordan Graham is not happy to K*ttering, worth a 7 day surely?
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I think that would be a great move. He would fix that number 9 slot a treat and we saw the quality he has already. Another few months fitter too.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

mattparker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:02 pm
Apparently Jordan Graham is not happy to K*ttering, worth a 7 day surely?
I'd be happy with that
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Ricky330 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:52 pm Anybody else find the fact that Burge didn't face the camera for latest interview a little odd? 🤔

He is facing the person who is asking him the questions, it would be rude to do anything different.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »