Club Chair Delay

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Club Chair Delay

Post by Formic »

I was surprised there was no mention of the appointment of a new club chair in this week's newsletter. The fact there was a statement the appointment would be made within 14 days of the AGM suggests there is still some wrangling - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/wp-content/ ... n-2022.pdf

As I ceased to be a Club Member when I lost faith in the old regime, I don't see any direct Club Member updates about what might be causing such a holdup, but surely something must be communicated to Diamonds Fans soon.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Club Chair Delay

Post by Mad Dog »

It’s a fair criticism.

The board did meet on 27th July to discuss and had made a decision, however something unexpectedly came up a few days later which has delayed things.

At the moment hopefully things will get resolved in the next week so that something can be announced.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

And in the mean time - Lets look forward to the game on Saturday!
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

As long as it is an actual AFC Diamonds fan that takes the post then I will be happy.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I’d rather the board took their time to sort it out than rush it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:42 am I’d rather the board took their time to sort it out than rush it.
Totally agree, in a fan owned club, the skills are mainly leadership and management whereas in other clubs is it usually the owner or majority shareholder that has this role. The Ploppies, however, had a non owner Chairman but I understand he resigned earlier this summer.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Quite a bizarre situation. After all the "process" we've ended up with two interim appointees sharing a position until the Board make their minds up - possibly about different candidates!

One can only speculate on the background and reasons behind the delay. It's easy to use the "make sure we get it right" argument, and perhaps the example set by our esteemed government in taking their time to find a new leader suggests it is possible to override any need for a captain at the helm for an extended period.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Nothing to do with the board not making its mind up, it had made its mind up on 27th July. From a league requirement we need to name a Chair or Chairs asap. It was felt giving certainty over the next 12 months was important, hence the announcement today.
nsman

Post by nsman »

So have I got this right? We now have 2 temporary chairs (one unelected my members) keeping the seat warm for a mystery person from outside the club, who cannot be named, and who cannot be chair yet for reasons we cannot be told about?
Terrific.
PS. Is this mystery person bringing £££ to the club? For that I can wait.