AGM Forum [ Weds 20th Jul ] 7pm @ Hayden Road

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
nsman

AGM Forum [ Weds 20th Jul ] 7pm @ Hayden Road

Post by nsman »

It must surely be time for the next AGM and members forum. Does anyone know when this is scheduled for?
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: AGM Forum

Post by Dazzler »

nsman wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:42 pm It must surely be time for the next AGM and members forum. Does anyone know when this is scheduled for?
This is next Wednesday 20th July 7pm @ Hayden Road (Oak Room) - per the Official Website update from a week or so back.

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/agm-notice/

nsman

Post by nsman »

OK thanks. That slipped past me.
Hopefully no sinister reason for the low profile.
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

I had no idea either. Post now deleted but a board member on here said there was a website news story . The website helpfully shows the number of views each story gets, this has 49, which you would have thought would shown the message had not gone out?
No social media information or newsletter push for this does make you wonder what’s going on
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

There really is nothing going on. I deleted my earlier post because it contained the same information as Dazzler’s.

We’re aiming to hold the meeting via Zoom as well in person so anyone who isn’t able to get out can attend. Details will be sent to all members on how to join virtually as soon as we can.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

mattparker wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:44 pm I had no idea either. Post now deleted but a board member on here said there was a website news story . The website helpfully shows the number of views each story gets, this has 49, which you would have thought would shown the message had not gone out?
No social media information or newsletter push for this does make you wonder what’s going on
If you mean this forum shows 49, forum view counts don't really show a true picture as a post titled AGM Forum isn't very descriptive so people would open it just to see what it says as it could easily say it's been re arranged or cancelled etc.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

The news story on the website mate, not this forum
My point being that as you can see it has been viewed less than 50 times and the AGM hasn’t been publicised any other way, attendance will again be low
Seems to me, Most people don’t trawl the website regularly for news but are diverted there from other channels such as social media, newsletters etc
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

mattparker wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:56 pm Most people don’t trawl the website regularly for news but are diverted there from other channels such as social media, newsletters etc
That raises an interesting point and perhaps the Club ought to do some research and find out how many people actually bother to visit the OWS?
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

This only highlights one of the biggest problems within our club - Communication - or lack of it! a number of us were talking on Saturday at the Cogenhoe game about the importance of having a Communication Committee between the board and the fans.

I was speechless - excuse the pun! - to hear that we do have one!

I rest my case!
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Trek wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:32 am
mattparker wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:56 pm Most people don’t trawl the website regularly for news but are diverted there from other channels such as social media, newsletters etc
That raises an interesting point and perhaps the Club ought to do some research and find out how many people actually bother to visit the OWS?
I for one don't use it,,,,since it was updated,,,it seems messy and cluttered and poor to navigate especially on my phone,,,,,poor design
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54