Player News

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Player News

Post by BartonRaz »

Really pleased with all 3 signings today.

Empochontsif has been the standout trialist in the two games so far and given our need for defenders that was a key one to get done. Fossen has a really interesting footballing history and looks like a bit of a coup as well. Given his age (young but certainly one of the most experienced in the squad), it wouldn't surprise me if Burge made him his captain.

Lashley has looked decent in both games so far and showed flashes of the potential that had him training with the first team at Cobblers. Fingers crossed he can adapt quickly to senior football because we've seen a few times young defenders drop down to us from football league clubs and either take a long time to adapt, or just simply fail to adapt.

I would imagine focus would now turn to the top end of the pitch where we look extremely light. Cooper looked like he could be good but he's only 18. Even if we take him on, we'll need a lot more than that.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

The signing of Matthew Lars Fossen excites me, seems like we really are casting the net wider in terms of contacts not just players, really pleasing.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:21 pm Really pleased with all 3 signings today.

Empochontsif has been the standout trialist in the two games so far and given our need for defenders that was a key one to get done. Fossen has a really interesting footballing history and looks like a bit of a coup as well. Given his age (young but certainly one of the most experienced in the squad), it wouldn't surprise me if Burge made him his captain.

Lashley has looked decent in both games so far and showed flashes of the potential that had him training with the first team at Cobblers. Fingers crossed he can adapt quickly to senior football because we've seen a few times young defenders drop down to us from football league clubs and either take a long time to adapt, or just simply fail to adapt.

I would imagine focus would now turn to the top end of the pitch where we look extremely light. Cooper looked like he could be good but he's only 18. Even if we take him on, we'll need a lot more than that.
If cooper was No9 then he looked poor , step 6 standard and was blowing after 5 mins .

No16 2nd half looked overweight and didn’t touch the ball for 45mins it seemed.

Need to search again
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If Will Jones stopped sulking on social media and knuckled down he could make his mark this season. He is too good for Step 5. His season was wasted last year only being a sub under Peaks. He will be given far more chances and encouragement with Burge.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Is Will Jones still with us? Not seen or heard anything. start the season at step 4 , bang in some goals, then look to step back up. Would do wonders for his confidence. Not quite ready yet IMO
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Ricky330 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:09 pm Is Will Jones still with us? Not seen or heard anything. start the season at step 4 , bang in some goals, then look to step back up. Would do wonders for his confidence. Not quite ready yet IMO
Isn't he doing a charity walk in memory of his father or something along the lines? Maybe he's just concentrating on that :hmmm:
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Andrew »

Will Jones is a brilliant lad and will be a fantastic player, mark my words. If he chooses to do something that honours his father, that’s his choice. He will be top player, so maybe give him what he wants and he’ll be back better and energised. I don’t get the narrative of hammering a young kid.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Andrew wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:12 pm I don’t get the narrative of hammering a young kid.
I don't think saying he should stop sulking on social media is hammering the lad, it's just Sussex making an observation and we have seen a lot of young footballers who will show a little promise, then get obsessed with social media and the career focus drains away, they get to 30 having played for rushden, K*ttering, desborough, corby, s&l and spend their career going round in circles.

It would be a shame to see Will end up taking such a path but I don't think he will as his socials are tame compared to many non league players, as you say he's a good talent and am keen to see him continuing to develop his potential.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I would like to see him go to Step 4 or UCL on loan or dual reg, score a shedful of goals and return stronger and better.
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Andrew »

Sounds like a good idea