Player News

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Player News

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Hicks is the most experienced in the squad, hopefully he can help the inexperienced players.

Jesse could also be an important figure, Ben Diamond and Fernando once they come back will be positives. I’m as concerned as anyone, but hopefully we’ll add some experience over the season, once players become available if it doesn’t work out for them elsewhere.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Ricky330
Has Liked: 302 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:18 am Hicks is the most experienced in the squad, hopefully he can help the inexperienced players.

Jesse could also be an important figure, Ben Diamond and Fernando once they come back will be positives. I’m as concerned as anyone, but hopefully we’ll add some experience over the season, once players become available if it doesn’t work out for them elsewhere.
Are we sure Ben Diamond is coming back? I know he is travelling but Burge or Club have not mentioned him once this pre season??
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

I was listening to the northampton game on the radio ,they mentioned about the striker we have on loan from them,is it jack Connor?,,,may be recalled as ntfc are light in that area and they have a lot of games in the first 6 weeks,,,this was only the blokes who reported on the game saying it ,,no smoke without a fire
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Ricky330 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:51 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:18 am Hicks is the most experienced in the squad, hopefully he can help the inexperienced players.

Are we sure Ben Diamond is coming back? I know he is travelling but Burge or Club have not mentioned him once this pre season??
If he is coming back soon, I am surprised that Burgess didn't mention him along with 'Nando' who is apparently returning in September.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think it's very unlikely we will see Diamond in a Diamonds shirt again. What I have noticed in looking at other clubs signings is a distinct lack of "big names". Mostly clubs are promoting from within their junior ranks, signing discarded Academy players from League 2 clubs, or loanees, getting in former Step 4 or 5 players and the occasional returning from abroad. I can't think of any club that has signed a player direct from the EFL or even National league. We have the usual merry go round of players throughout the West Midlands clubs. Obviously there will be the odd exception to the above but most seem to be acting very cautiously with their budgets.
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Ricky330 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:51 am

I assumed he would, as I believe he works in and around the Northamptonshire area. Would be a shame if he doesn’t come back.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Confirmed now on Twitter that Tshikuna has joined Royston
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

discodunk wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:19 pm I was listening to the northampton game on the radio ,they mentioned about the striker we have on loan from them,is it jack Connor?,,,may be recalled as ntfc are light in that area and they have a lot of games in the first 6 weeks,,,this was only the blokes who reported on the game saying it ,,no smoke without a fire
They must be desperate then, I've only seen him in the Brackley game admittedly, but I didn't see much from him and certainly didn't see anything that would suggest he could be ready for professional first team football. Has he shown much in the other games?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:27 pm Confirmed now on Twitter that Tshikuna has joined Royston
Best of luck to him, but was clear he didn’t want to be at the club for whatever reason.
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »