Player News

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Re: Player News

Post by The pressman »

Heard a rumour tonight that Nathan Tshikuna is about to/has signed for Royston.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

That would be a shame & a loss of experience but as Burge said when asked at the AGM , he didn't know where Nathan would fit in his preferred 4 4 2 line up. If we don't play with a no. 10 role then Nathan wasn't anywhere near as effective unfortunately.
Tideishigh

Post by Tideishigh »

If that’s true about Nathan for me that’s a massive loss,very good player,scores & assists a lot of goals which looking at what we have at the moment we don’t have a lot of these kind of players.so think it would be a mistake if we can’t fit a player like this into team as I think he could be a good link player between midfield & forward so think burge would be making a mistake in letting him go without a fight.
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Unfortunately Andy's comment at the AGM has only been half reported. He also stated that he did want Nathan but could not get hold of him. It was almost as if Nathan had done a disappearing act.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Tideishigh wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:56 am If that’s true about Nathan for me that’s a massive loss,very good player,scores & assists a lot of goals which looking at what we have at the moment we don’t have a lot of these kind of players.so think it would be a mistake if we can’t fit a player like this into team as I think he could be a good link player between midfield & forward so think burge would be making a mistake in letting him go without a fight.
If players don’t want to play for the manager or the club why keep them here.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Its a fair point you make Tideishigh. Nathan was top of the assists and goalscoring charts last season and this despite Burge playing him out of position during the last few games of the season. You may also be right Bozzer - Nathan possibly doesn't want to play for the manager. However, there are one or two important players who also don't want to be here - but credit to the the manager who has persuaded them to stay. So what attempts has Burge made to try and persuade Nathan to stay? He is such an important player for us.

It does beg the question though about having some one on the board - a link type person - who might try and help the manager in this situation.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Nathan was saying he wouldn’t sign when we played Kempston and was waiting to see who would offer him the most money, Then the Stamford game his attitude stank and clearly he and Burg knew his time with us had come to an end.

Good luck to him but clearly his £ ambitions didn’t match our budgets so he moved on, he’s not the first and won’t be the last … I’m more interested in backing those who have signed rather than worrying about those who haven’t.
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Andrew »

real diamond wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:48 pm Nathan was saying he wouldn’t sign when we played Kempston and was waiting to see who would offer him the most money, Then the Stamford game his attitude stank and clearly he and Burg knew his time with us had come to an end.

Good luck to him but clearly his £ ambitions didn’t match our budgets so he moved on, he’s not the first and won’t be the last … I’m more interested in backing those who have signed rather than worrying about those who haven’t.
I think it’s easy to say he went for financial gain. Perhaps he did, I don’t know. But is there a question that the club didn’t match his ambition. Players always compete better and certainly commit when they like what they’re seeing on the pitch and what is being delivered. If his attitude stunk perhaps he didn’t like what he was seeing.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Absolutely right real diamond, the players that are waiting to be offered more money are not what we are about at the moment.

If the player didn’t want to play for the manger then off you go then.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Evan signs a contract, what I think we were all hoping for, great news! Not a lot of good things to come out of pre season, but he certainly has been.

Sutherland also signs, thought he had some potential when he came off the bench on Tuesday and is speedy, but like much of our squad lacks experience, Dorking development squad and a step 6 team last season, will have to see how he gets on.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308