More players leave

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: More players leave

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I'm not worried at all. I distinctly remember going to Crawley, who threw a team together in 7 days before we played them and we lost.
Burge is keeping his powder dry and not letting anyone else see what he's doing, we don't need to make a song and dance about it.
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I wonder how many of last seasons squad will be at first training session on Tuesday. Will we get any pictures of the event?
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:02 pm I'm not worried at all. I distinctly remember going to Crawley, who threw a team together in 7 days before we played them and we lost.
Burge is keeping his powder dry and not letting anyone else see what he's doing, we don't need to make a song and dance about it.
Exactly, people are creating unnecessary panic.

I’m sure Burge has players lined up ready to announce on July 1st, and those retained also. The last thing he’ll want to do is announce players early, and end up with egg on his face when players he announces as having signed, change their mind and join another club.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:09 am
Three of Diamonds wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:02 pm I'm not worried at all. I distinctly remember going to Crawley, who threw a team together in 7 days before we played them and we lost.

I’m sure Burge has players lined up ready to announce on July 1st, and those retained also. The last thing he’ll want to do is announce players early, and end up with egg on his face when players he announces as having signed, change their mind and join another club.
I too am sure Burge has players lined up. A combination of signings and loans and some of last seasons u21's and u23's.. But don't expect more than 3 or 4 of last seasons squad to re sign. What Peaks doesn't take you can be sure that others will. Burgess has a hell of a job convincing Snedker, Tshikuna, Casey and Jones to sign.
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:58 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:09 am

I too am sure Burge has players lined up. A combination of signings and loans and some of last seasons u21's and u23's.. But don't expect more than 3 or 4 of last seasons squad to re sign. What Peaks doesn't take you can be sure that others will. Burgess has a hell of a job convincing Snedker, Tshikuna, Casey and Jones to sign.
Have to be honest, out of all those names Jones not re-signing isn’t the biggest loss the club could have, 2 goals in 34 league appearances last season, so can’t say he didn’t get a chance. Before Deacon and when Deacon left our strikers couldn’t get goals, this area has to be top priority especially as burgess has said he wants to play with two strikers.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Update from Burge
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:07 am
Have to be honest, out of all those names Jones not re-signing isn’t the biggest loss the club could have, 2 goals in 34 league appearances last season, so can’t say he didn’t get a chance. Before Deacon and when Deacon left our strikers couldn’t get goals, this area has to be top priority especially as burgess has said he wants to play with two strikers.
I'm not sure about that, Jones is still learning his game and for such a young lad, there's definitely a player in there.

I think he should have gone out on loan to Corby when Garwood went, I'm sure he would tear it up in the league below. I also think that of those 34 appearances he was brought on usually in the last 10 minutes, against two big lumps at CB when we were chasing a game, or stuck out on the wing. I like how direct he is when he gets the ball to feet, and I think he can stretch a backline, but last season he was desperately lacking somebody to play off of. As part of a two, I think Jones could be pretty lethal.