More players leave

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: More players leave

Post by diamondsteve »

Biggles wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:59 am Peterborough Sports now starting to raid Clubs (K*ttering just lost a player to them) and announcing more Signings Tomorrow i believe.
They need a keeper as White has gone to Coalville
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:44 pm
Biggles wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:59 am Peterborough Sports now starting to raid Clubs (K*ttering just lost a player to them) and announcing more Signings Tomorrow i believe.
Their twitter said new signings to be announced all being well on Monday or Tuesday, but nothing yet. I would not be surprised to see at least one of our squad joining them
I was wrong on that one. They signed 4 today. Not heard of any of them. At least none of ours!!
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:15 pm
They need a keeper as White has gone to Coalville
They sacked White off after his "Whoops did that go under my foot" attempted save on 15th March, and had keeper No 3/4? in to finish the season so won't be looking for a new 1 I guess until this one f>>ks up.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:00 am K*ttering also have lost quite a few. I see Jordan Crawford is the latest. He would be a good addition to any squad. Mind you it could be confusing if we had himm and Jordan Graham. The Poppies signings to date not very inspiring they could struggle next season
At work we often refer to them as Donation Bucket FC, what is surprising is the Lee Glover appointment shows lack of ambition and they don't yet seem to have any begging bowls out just yet asking for donations,

In Lee Glover they have a manager who won the Dr Martens league (or was it Zameretto then) with Corby Town laterally 2 decades ago and has done nothing as a manager since... now if you were a player how appealing would it be to play for him? That's probably the reason some of the players have left, not just the budget.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Jordan Graham joins them up the road...

Another potentially big loss, was really looking forward to seeing what he could have done for us.

Still silence from the club on retained players or signings, will we have anyone left from last season? Just hope Burge has a plan up his sleeves for a squad ideally with some quality loan players otherwise we could be in for a long season, I'm assuming our budget is the same?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

By my reckoning we are down to 11 players now. Snedker, Nixon, Casey, Hughes, Akubine, Furlong, George, Shamsi, Jones, Tskuna and Snelus. I was pretty sure Graham was going to stay so now I'm not confident of any of them re signing!!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:27 am By my reckoning we are down to 11 players now. Snedker, Nixon, Casey, Hughes, Akubine, Furlong, George, Shamsi, Jones, Tskuna and Snelus. I was pretty sure Graham was going to stay so now I'm not confident of any of them re signing!!
I'd not heard of bush, slinn or garwood leaving so maybe we'll have 3 subs as well! :biggrin:
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Bush has gone to Newport Pagnell, Slinn has gone travelling. Garwood was on dual with Corby last season, as Burge has likely never seen him I have disregarded him.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Jesus ,burge has got a total rebuild on his hands,,,i hope his contacts are far and wide,,very concerned about the little to no information coming out of the club,this has got to be the quietest close season ever.i think the new home really needs to be put on a back burner,,as someone has stated in the new home thread,,,,,is it out of the question to purchase/lease hayden road ,,,i now it not the best ground going, but its functional,,,the cost of moving the stands alone would kill us,then the toilets and turnstiles,plus how would they fit in a new ground?,,,im actually looking forward to the new season,dont get me wrong by my negative post ,but nothing coming out of the club is killing my nerves 😀 fingers crossed its all going on in background,while im on ,whats the situation with catering,,,,has this been sorted??
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Always was going to be a total rebuild, Peaks had his style and was with the players for a long time and it was obvious that a few would follow him to Tamworth. The others were picked by peaks to fulfill his style of play which is totally different to how Burge wants to play so a few have decided to join other local teams who may have more money to splash.

Of course it has not helped that his stand in assistant manager then went to the ploppies and again taken a player with him, this club have never made announcements about players until they sign forms or we get any to commit to contracts which is hard at this time of the season as the better players will have a few offers to consider so its a case of do we play for a newbie manager or a manager i know up or down the road.

Burge has a hard act to follow and is starting from scratch, i don't envy him one bit as he has got to get a whole new team to gel and play good football and win the first 10 games 8-0 or have the fans on his back.

All the best Andy
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32