More players leave

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: More players leave

Post by diamondsteve »

rdusher wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:48 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:41 am This is purely speculation on my part, and we know we technically don’t have any players until they are registered on 1st July, but let’s for a moment imagine we do have players. I’d say still unofficially on our books until we hear any different are

Dean Snedker, Paddy Casey, Ben Garwood??*, Ryan Hughes, Shane Bush, Nathan Tshikuna, Nigel Chikamba, Jesse Akubuine, Matt Slinn, Lorrell Smith**, Ravi, Will Jones, Lewis Johnson***, Diakiesse, Jordan Graham??, Ben Diamond, Furlong, FBT.

*may have left as he was on dual registration with another team.
** Not sure if he left during the season?
*** departed after his loan?

Burge said he’s spoken to all the players.I don’t think all of those will re-sign for us, but there’s no need for panic stations.I have 100% faith Burge will get the players in we need.
Completely agree. There's a decent core of 6 or 7 in there if we can retain them and it seems as ABs pool of contacts is far greater than Peaks' ever was.

And if it's a brand new 11 then bring it on, I'm looking forward to it
A Brand new 10 please leave Sneds out of this!!! :cheesy: :cheesy:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

K*ttering also have lost quite a few. I see Jordan Crawford is the latest. He would be a good addition to any squad. Mind you it could be confusing if we had himm and Jordan Graham. The Poppies signings to date not very inspiring they could struggle next season
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Makes you wonder if the budget has been cut, signed a centre half from Corby i believe
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:00 am K*ttering also have lost quite a few. I see Jordan Crawford is the latest. He would be a good addition to any squad. Mind you it could be confusing if we had himm and Jordan Graham. The Poppies signings to date not very inspiring they could struggle next season
Not just players leaving, Chairman,Secretary and another Director have left.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Biggles wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:14 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:00 am K*ttering also have lost quite a few. I see Jordan Crawford is the latest. He would be a good addition to any squad. Mind you it could be confusing if we had himm and Jordan Graham. The Poppies signings to date not very inspiring they could struggle next season
Seeing what's unfolding down the road at the Ploppies, is an example of how tough it is to survive at National league!
They did extremely well last season (grits teeth), but in the blink of an eye it looks like this coming season is shaping up to be a struggle to survive. Losing big earners off their books and signing players from Corby, St Ives etc. It doesn't bode well. :good:
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Dowlo wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:22 am
Biggles wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:14 am
Seeing what's unfolding down the road at the Ploppies, is an example of how tough it is to survive at National league!
They did extremely well last season (grits teeth), but in the blink of an eye it looks like this coming season is shaping up to be a struggle to survive. Losing big earners off their books and signing players from Corby, St Ives etc. It doesn't bode well. :good:
Sorry, I've read that 6 times and I can't see anything NOT bodeing well :biggrin: . They're probably just saving up for a new ground, or for administrators or something.
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Tamworth have signed a right back from Buxton so hopefully they won't be signing Casey now. However that doesn't mean he will be staying with us.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

STAGMAN wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:34 am Makes you wonder if the budget has been cut, signed a centre half from Corby i believe
Makes you wonder could they now afford Snedker, or are they trimming the budget to raise the money needed. Lee Glover may have bitten off more than he can chew.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Peterborough Sports now starting to raid Clubs (K*ttering just lost a player to them) and announcing more Signings Tomorrow i believe.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Biggles wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:59 am Peterborough Sports now starting to raid Clubs (K*ttering just lost a player to them) and announcing more Signings Tomorrow i believe.
Their twitter said new signings to be announced all being well on Monday or Tuesday, but nothing yet. I would not be surprised to see at least one of our squad joining them