More players leave

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

More players leave

Post by Ricky330 »

Warburton leaves (twitter) and AJ (twitter) looks to be following if a certain interviewers retweet is correct 🤔🤨
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Re: More players leave

Post by discodunk »

If im honest im getting worried now,,,for me warbs was the most consistent player all season,aj was off n on ,,,i would think by now we would have heard a few names bounced around on the jungle drums,,,,all this crap about waiting untill july the 1st is DULL DULL DULL,, this season approaching and no excitement no anticipation, no wonder people arent bothering to come to games,,,,its imperative you get people excited early on because that builds your seasons fan base .No news,,poor start=long ,lonely season,,,,still no news about a chairman,,,once again wait untill AGM,,, :lazy:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

When I saw the title of this post I was fearing the worst, but I can't say I'm at all disappointed about Warbs or AJ leaving.

AJ clearly has some ability but I don't think he has the drive or determination to ever make the most of it, and while Warburton improved over the course of the season, I've no doubt there are better players out there who are available for the same money.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I imagine players are leaving a lot of clubs, its what happens at the end of every season.
We have a new broom and some players may feel that this broom wont sweep the way the previous broom did so will move on.
Come this August we will have a Team some old players but no doubt lots of new players and no doubt more loan players
than previous seasons.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

discodunk wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:39 pm If im honest im getting worried now,,,for me warbs was the most consistent player all season,aj was off n on ,,,i would think by now we would have heard a few names bounced around on the jungle drums,,,,all this crap about waiting untill july the 1st is DULL DULL DULL,, this season approaching and no excitement no anticipation, no wonder people arent bothering to come to games,,,,its imperative you get people excited early on because that builds your seasons fan base .No news,,poor start=long ,lonely season,,,,still no news about a chairman,,,once again wait untill AGM,,, :lazy:
Agree with a lot of what you've said Dunk but to call Warburton consistent would be a stretch. Absolutely abysmal for the first 1/4 of the season. Improved massively it has to be said and was consistent in patches towards the end of the season but could still throw in a stinker if the opposition singled him out - St Ives at the end of the season for example. Decision to sign him to a contract immediately was a strange one and I agree with what Dave Albon has said above.

Re: George, he was immense at one point but his form turned the moment Deacon left / Burgess joined. Burge certainly didn't see the best of him. Personally I would have been tempted to re-sign him if possible but won't lose sleep over his departure.

All the best to both players who played a big part last season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AJ George's tweet actually said "this isn't goodbye" but probably believes he's not in the managers plans. Almost putting himself in the shop window. Warbs is almost a flip of a coin one, whether he's good enough to stay or not. Not being consistent enough isn't really good enough to earn yourself another season, but as we know, replacing a left back is a very difficult thing to do. I actually thing Hughes is good enough to step in there, as he improved a hell of a lot from when he was loan. We'll just have to wait and see what Burgess comes up with, quite a few positions starting to require solid replacements becoming available
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If what I hear is correct Warburton is dropping a level. AJ certainly didn't impress once Peaks left, so he will probably pop up at Tamworth! Players are back for training in 2 weeks. Burge could be a lonely figure lol. I think we are agreed that Snedker and Casey will be upwardly mobile, but of the remainder the only ones I would be disappointed to lose are Hughes, Tshikuna, FBT and Akubine. The latter actually improved under Burgess.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

This is purely speculation on my part, and we know we technically don’t have any players until they are registered on 1st July, but let’s for a moment imagine we do have players. I’d say still unofficially on our books until we hear any different are

Dean Snedker, Paddy Casey, Ben Garwood??*, Ryan Hughes, Shane Bush, Nathan Tshikuna, Nigel Chikamba, Jesse Akubuine, Matt Slinn, Lorrell Smith**, Ravi, Will Jones, Lewis Johnson***, Diakiesse, Jordan Graham??, Ben Diamond, Furlong, FBT.

*may have left as he was on dual registration with another team.
** Not sure if he left during the season?
*** departed after his loan?

Burge said he’s spoken to all the players.I don’t think all of those will re-sign for us, but there’s no need for panic stations.I have 100% faith Burge will get the players in we need.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:41 am This is purely speculation on my part, and we know we technically don’t have any players until they are registered on 1st July, but let’s for a moment imagine we do have players. I’d say still unofficially on our books until we hear any different are

Dean Snedker, Paddy Casey, Ben Garwood??*, Ryan Hughes, Shane Bush, Nathan Tshikuna, Nigel Chikamba, Jesse Akubuine, Matt Slinn, Lorrell Smith**, Ravi, Will Jones, Lewis Johnson***, Diakiesse, Jordan Graham??, Ben Diamond, Furlong, FBT.

Burge said he’s spoken to all the players.I don’t think all of those will re-sign for us, but there’s no need for panic stations.I have 100% faith Burge will get the players in we need.
Completely agree. There's a decent core of 6 or 7 in there if we can retain them and it seems as ABs pool of contacts is far greater than Peaks' ever was.

And if it's a brand new 11 then bring it on, I'm looking forward to it
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

rdusher wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:48 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:41 am This is purely speculation on my part, and we know we technically don’t have any players until they are registered on 1st July, but let’s for a moment imagine we do have players. I’d say still unofficially on our books until we hear any different are

Completely agree. There's a decent core of 6 or 7 in there if we can retain them and it seems as ABs pool of contacts is far greater than Peaks' ever was.

And if it's a brand new 11 then bring it on, I'm looking forward to it
I think the only signings Peaks has made at Tamworth is Bully, Collard, and some lad from Cobblers who previously played for them. Not sure about any other signings, because I’ve no interest in them. So yeah shows his lack of contacts!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73