[ NEWS ] Pre-Season Fixtures released

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ NEWS ] Pre-Season Fixtures released

Post by Trek »

I hope Burge uses the PSF matches to gel the team/players he intends to sign. I can’t help feeling that our terrible start to last season was possibly caused, in part, by the matches against lower ranked opposition and Peaks insistence on fielding as many as 5-6 trialists in every match. It took until late October for the team to finally gel.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:14 am I hope Burge uses the PSF matches to gel the team/players he intends to sign. I can’t help feeling that our terrible start to last season was possibly caused, in part, by the matches against lower ranked opposition and Peaks insistence on fielding as many as 5-6 trialists in every match. It took until late October for the team to finally gel.
Absolutely, by which time we were all very fed up. By the sounds of the last podcast Burge will try to put a square peg in a square hole right from the start. Fan - bloody - tastic
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Minor update - fixture moved earlier in the evening.

oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Seen a few posters around in Higham for the preseason fixtures, credit where credit is due is good to see a bit of promotion.

I was thinking perhaps these games would be a good opportunity to get some promotion in schools and offer free tickets to students, the 3 fixtures against large clubs should provide plenty of interest for any young football fan even if they're not currently interested in diamonds.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

oliv272 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:33 pm Seen a few posters around in Higham for the preseason fixtures, credit where credit is due is good to see a bit of promotion.

I was thinking perhaps these games would be a good opportunity to get some promotion in schools and offer free tickets to students, the 3 fixtures against large clubs should provide plenty of interest for any young football fan even if they're not currently interested in diamonds.
Hope we can try and do this throughout the season to be honest and definitely look into other fan incentives and initiatives to get the fans back. While attendances picked up towards the end of last season due to our playoff push, it still was overall our lowest average attendance for a season (not counting the void 20-21 season) in our short history, despite being our highest finish in the football pyramid.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308