Who may go and Who may stay

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Who may go and Who may stay

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:15 pmThe point I was making is that Peaksy always played things very close to his chest and it was usually August before any announcements.
The Club announces all non-contract signings that have been agreed after the 1st July or thereabouts date for Southern League registration. Of course, they don’t reveal in the media the names of the numerous trialists that are used in most pre-season matches until they actually sign on the dotted line which makes perfect sense in my opinion. If that’s the previous manager ‘playing his cards close to his chest’ then so be it.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

We can see already clubs making announcements re: players for next season, new signings etc. I understand completely that you're relying on a gentlemen's agreement at that point if you're going to announce something, but I always felt the way it was done previously wasn't helpful in drumming up interest in the new season. Pre-season is a time where away from the pitch the focus should be on generating excitement, selling season tickets, selling shirts to keep the £ coming in. Playing our cards close to our chest, coupled with the shite friendlies which seem to have been getting less and less interesting each year, we've been on the back foot.

Obviously trialists are an exception and shouldn't be named.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Totally agree with Bartonraz ,last seasons were poor .a young lad scored many goals preseason but struggled a bit in league games,saying the opposition was below par,,,,while im on ,any news on the chairman front,its been nearly a month or is that cloak and dagger aswell
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Trek

Post by Trek »

discodunk wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:10 pm,any news on the chairman front,its been nearly a month or is that cloak and dagger aswell
There is some information on the process on the Members’ Forum that you may wish to view.
discodunk

Post by discodunk »

Trek wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:18 pm
discodunk wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:10 pm,any news on the chairman front,its been nearly a month or is that cloak and dagger aswell
There is some information on the process on the Members’ Forum that you may wish to view.
Well that was pointless
Trek

Post by Trek »

discodunk wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:28 am
Well that was pointless
So you didn’t bother to read what Matt Ward had to say?
discodunk

Post by discodunk »

Trek wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:02 pm

Well that was pointless
yes i did,,,so when is the agm?
Trek

Post by Trek »

discodunk wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:24 pm
Trek wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:02 pm
Well that was pointless
yes i did,,,so when is the agm?
Usually mid July.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

There was one season where the club announced the retained list before July 1st, but then a few days later one of those retained players ended up signing for someone else, which caused the club embarrassment, and criticism for announcing it early. I think the club learnt from their mistake and didn’t announce any retained list until absolutely sure players had committed.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

The deadline for player registrations is March and so players can and do leave at any point for most of the season.
I hope AB will be more open about signings to help generate interest

Also I think I read somewhere the AGM had been moved to August? May be wrong though