[ Club Statement ] Andy Peaks leaves club.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Club Statement ] Andy Peaks leaves club.

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

fentiger79 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:25 am I think this is a massive loss, Peaksy has been a very successful and loyal manager who has quite frankly worked wonders on a very low budget within this league. It’s not just about the wins but also the man management of a person who has persuaded the likes of Sneds, Ty, Collard and many more to try their football with us when others were not interested or to be able to keep them when others came sniffing. Can’t tell me the likes of Bully havnt been approached over the years with how good he has been. That’s a sign of a great manager and whilst there will be lots of interest in the role it’s going to take a very special appointment to fill Peaksy shoes. My main question on this matter is that it appears Tamworth conducted their approach professionally and the club were made aware of it. So what did we do as a club to keep our most loyal and successful manager especially 10 games away from potentially reaching the playoffs?
Tamworth likely gave Andy an offer that he couldn’t refuse, and unfortunately as a club I doubt we could match that. I’m sure all questions will be answered in the forthcoming statement.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Re: [ Club Statement ] Andy Peaks

Post by Dowlo »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:55 pm Interim manager? Richard Maxwell.?
:cheesy:
SimonHillington9
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by SimonHillington9 »

Just wanted to address the replies to my previous post. Last night was a tipping point, after a long few days, and I admit I had a couple, passion had got the best of me. Diamonds had been one of the few enjoyments in this currant climate and this news which could potentially turn our good season around meant the board got the undeserved brunt. Theyve done loads 4 the club, and I was out of line to say they need to do more.
Won’t have any k*ttering slander thrown my way, club needs unity at this point. Been here since the beginning and will be here til the end.
SH
If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 43 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Club Statement ] Andy Peaks

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

SimonHillington9 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:33 pm Couldnt believ it when I herd it. Can respect the manager 4 wot he’s done for the club, but not the man. Peak$y used to criticise players leaving for money, can only assume he’s left 4 the same reason. Team disrupted during a playoff push, and wot if players leave to join him. Board need to shape up or get out. We ave been outfought and outthought by Tamworth and other teams in the market. Losing your manager to a team battling relegation tell us all we need to know! Peak$y I didnt always enjoy the football, I disliked the late substitutions, but I loved the memories.
There's been some rubbish written on this forum over the years but this goes straight to the top.

Someone else posted about losing a sense of realism and that is true. Hemmed in ground, stand that would cost a fortune to renovate and dwindling crowds.

I don't think Andy can be referred to anything other than being a good manager and a better man.

Good luck to him, he leaves with the club in a better place than when he took over. The challenge now is to build on that.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

SimonHillington9 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:44 pm Just wanted to address the replies to my previous post. Last night was a tipping point, after a long few days, and I admit I had a couple, passion had got the best of me. Diamonds had been one of the few enjoyments in this currant climate and this news which could potentially turn our good season around meant the board got the undeserved brunt. Theyve done loads 4 the club, and I was out of line to say they need to do more.
Won’t have any k*ttering slander thrown my way, club needs unity at this point.
No problem, I removed the K*ttering Fan comment, but it did have a question mark, so was just a query, as post came across as a bit troll like. This is also your 2nd post, so not a 1 post Andy now either :good: Welcome to the forum, as an active posting user.
SimonHillington9 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:44 pm Been here since the beginning and will be here til the end.
SH
Glad to hear it!
p.s. I do tend to agree on the post 88th minute subs - kind of goes back to certain last minute subs at Nene Park, with a Daniel Talbot often used as I recall. But it's a thing.

As others have said very well above, Andy & his various coaches (Lamby, Biff, Abbo :shock: et al) have done a great job over the last number of years, far more than most clubs get to have managers and we shouldn't see it as a negative. He's got other challenges to look forward to now, and of course we'll see him in a few weeks as well, to try to increase that pressure and challenge.

As for us, as Winston Churchill said. "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Per Jon Dunham

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:13 am As was posted recently we have hundreds of youngsters playing under our banner but where are they and their parents on match days.
I used to mention this a lot although it was put to me that parents ferry their children around, often on Saturday morning, it is perhaps not fair to suggest they should attend senior matches on a Saturday because they would have other commitments with their family.
It may be useful that parents within the Community/Youth section are asked by questionnaire why many are not willing to watch senior matches at Hayden Road.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »