NO COMMENT! [ Tue 22nd Sep ] v Newark FC, KO 7:45pm FA1QR HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Tue 22nd Sep ] v Newark FC, KO 7:45pm FA1QR HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Updated Covid information process at Hayden Road

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/covid-19-not ... formation/
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Looking forward to this, hopefully we can get a decent run in the cup this year.
Are programmes £2.50 still? (if they were... been a while!) if no change is being given want to make sure I’ve got the right amount
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

rossco wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:32 am Are programmes £2.50 still? (if they were... been a while!) if no change is being given want to make sure I’ve got the right amount
Yes still £2.50 and raffle £1 per ticket. Sellers in usual places inside turnstile area. No change given.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Dazzler wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:22 am
rossco wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:32 am Are programmes £2.50 still? (if they were... been a while!) if no change is being given want to make sure I’ve got the right amount
Yes still £2.50 and raffle £1. Sellers in usual places inside turnstile area.
I believe you put correct cash straight into a box, so no handling by Tim or the raffle gals.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

For clarification, Hayden Road payment options - as per http://www.afcdiamonds.com/covid-19-not ... formation/

HRPaymentOptions.png
HRPaymentOptions.png (53.05 KiB) Viewed 4763 times
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Dazzler wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:47 pm Updated Covid information process at Hayden Road

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/covid-19-not ... formation/
Don’t want to knock the measures that the club have put in to place as I’m sure plenty will be reassured by it, but it’s been interesting to note that some of the measures we’re implementing aren’t being taken on board at other clubs. No temperature checking at Nuneaton on Saturday for example. Are the measures supposed to be universal or do clubs pick and choose depending on their stance?

The ‘no change given’ at the food van and raffle seems like overkill. I haven’t encountered that anywhere, Football or otherwise.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Neither have i Barton Raz , every where i have been has taken cash, in fact in Hunstanton the other week some shops were only using cash, sorry but over the top not giving change. On the plus side at least we have out football back and well done to all for all the hard work behind the scenes
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Dont think there are any hard and fast rules, as long as your implement certain restrictions as per Government advise.

Maybe the people handling the Cash at Club wanted this method of handling Money, well it is their life or family lives we are talking about,
personally i might be worried about taking money from strangers over and over again although i think it is closer contact with actual people
that transmits the Virus more than actual handling of Objects.

If our Club Volunteers or employees are happier with this method of cash payments then so am I.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Biggles wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:14 am Dont think there are any hard and fast rules, as long as your implement certain restrictions as per Government advise.

Maybe the people handling the Cash at Club wanted this method of handling Money, well it is their life or family lives we are talking about,
personally i might be worried about taking money from strangers over and over again although i think it is closer contact with actual people
that transmits the Virus more than actual handling of Objects.

If our Club Volunteers or employees are happier with this method of cash payments then so am I.
Agree with that you're saying completely, I'm just conscious that we don't implement unnecessary measures particularly if they're likely to get people's backs up.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm Don’t want to knock the measures that the club have put in to place as I’m sure plenty will be reassured by it, but it’s been interesting to note that some of the measures we’re implementing aren’t being taken on board at other clubs.
No temperature checking at Nuneaton on Saturday for example.
That's their choice, I guess we choose to do as complete a job as possible within the guidance at the time we implemented it. The club has already made a few modifications based on how things worked, and seeing feedback come in (or seen ourselves - always adapting, constant feedback) etc.. i.e. the 2 Way changes after kick off (to allow for easier food/drink and facilities access). And over time am sure some other bits may get altered as the situation changes. Plus also the Clubhouse refurb has been completed (mostly) so facilities at the other end of ground are available now as well - which also helps reduce some of the one-way flow issues.
BartonRaz wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm Are the measures supposed to be universal or do clubs pick and choose depending on their stance?
The club was one of the first to introduce, document, and publish a comprehensive plan on our Website, including all the various ground preps - signage/painting/inside treatments for handles/wash basins etc.. This was based on the initial guidance from Government, FA and relevant Stadium/Ground Safety guidance - as detailed in the plans. As AFC R&D are often scrutinised a bit more closely than other clubs it seems (I know this from handling some ground grading reviews), it's best to go for the best practice and not cut corners imho. Most of this work is covered by various funding available for this purpose, so it's not really an extra cost to the club to do it to the best standard.
BartonRaz wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm The ‘no change given’ at the food van and raffle seems like overkill. I haven’t encountered that anywhere, Football or otherwise.
This is more about the people managing the service end rather than the fans in this instance. They're the ones dealing with multiple people, so this is just an extra step (not sure if at their request but just common sense I'd say). In reality this doesn't affect much as most people already give correct change for Raffle - either a few £1 coins, or a £5 for a row of tickets being most common. Plus those that regularly put random loose change to more than the value of 1 ticket - I won't name names - just takes longer for me to count..

And the other outlets - Food/Dales Bar have added "touch" payment options which is most common method these days, as well as being handy in the current situation.

As mentioned before a number of the most vulnerable fans were happy to see the extra steps made by the club and let JohnG and DavidT know, and that made them confident to attend the games, which is exactly the point.