New Sponsor

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

New Sponsor

Post by UttoDiamond »

Well done to John and team for getting this sponsorship for next season! Excellent work! :clapping:

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/auto-windscr ... in-sponsor
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: New Sponsor

Post by Rushdenjim »

Well done team and welcome on board Auto Windscreens
paulg

Post by paulg »

Great news, congrats to the commercial team once again for their efforts and expertise in securing another terrific sponsorship deal for us.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Great achievement on signing up another household name! :clapping:

I'm sure the amounts in question may be somewhat different, but this again highlights the uselessness of KC and HT when it came to attracting a shirt sponsor in the last season of R&DFC (maybe it was deliberate?), when our board of volunteers can attract well known names like Auto Windscreens, EA Sports, and even Hevey (not a household name but still well known, especially locally).
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

davealbon wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 12:15 pm Great achievement on signing up another household name! :clapping:

I'm sure the amounts in question may be somewhat different, but this again highlights the uselessness of KC and HT when it came to attracting a shirt sponsor in the last season of R&DFC (maybe it was deliberate?), when our board of volunteers can attract well known names like Auto Windscreens, EA Sports, and even Hevey (not a household name but still well known, especially locally).

Exactly what i was thinking regarding KC & HT

Well done to the Commercial team :clapping:
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

Yes well done to John for achieving this!

Whilst I appreciate that attendances maybe lower at Kempston and, therefore, gate income is reduced, perhaps a little of this sponsorship money could be set aside for Andy's player budget which, if my weekly figure has been calculated correctly, put us in the bottom third of the NPLD1S 'wages league'?

It just goes to show what an amazing job Andy has done to get us into the play-offs two years in a row when some of our opponents had budgets more than twice of ours.
paulg

Post by paulg »

Pressman wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 4:10 pm Yes well done to John for achieving this!

Whilst I appreciate that attendances maybe lower at Kempston and, therefore, gate income is reduced, perhaps a little of this sponsorship money could be set aside for Andy's player budget which, if my weekly figure has been calculated correctly, put us in the bottom third of the NPLD1S 'wages league'?

It just goes to show what an amazing job Andy has done to get us into the play-offs two years in a row when some of our opponents had budgets more than twice of ours.
Absolutely, an amazing job. I'd be interested to know what weekly figure you're referring to? Are clubs obliged to officially declare their weekly budget details (what proportion of their outgoings goes on player salaries compared to other costs - ground improvements, travel, management salaries etc)?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Pressman wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 4:10 pm Yes well done to John for achieving this!

If that is actually true (I am highly doubtful but you've obviously got your information from somewhere) then there's been some appallingly mismanaged sides in our league this season. If I was to guess I'd say we would have been either 6th or 7th highest. If we're in the Bottom 7 then our wage bill must have been rubbing shoulders with clubs like Market Drayton and Romulus. Really?!

Again, if it is true, then it raises some questions.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
ivor

Post by ivor »

Via friends and relatives of players,association with players and associates of them, we pay bloody well.Nobody should believe that AFCRDFC are not in the top quartile of player costs.And,of course,close to forty players per season ,many who may only collect one or two paypackets clocks up.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

My post was trying to make 2 positive points from our players budget position.

Firstly, to comment on how superbly Andy and his coaching staff have done to make the play-offs two seasons in a row despite having a lower budget than many other teams who didn't make the NPLD1S play-offs.

Secondly, if there is more money available from the new sponsorship then maybe Andy could have a tad more on the basis that this might prove to be the difference in helping Andy to go the extra mile and gain promotion this time round - especially if the rumours are true that 3 teams and not 2 might be going up next season.

Obviously, as I said before, we have the ground move to consider and a possible reduction in home attendances for an unspecified period - but if we can afford it then slightly increasing the budget might prove dividends promotion wise!