[ Tue 25th Apr ] v Witton Albion, KO 7:45pm NPL1S POSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Re: [ Tue 25th Apr ] v Witton Albion, KO 7:45pm NPL1S POSF AWAY

Post by Olly »

No doubt we're massive underdogs for this one, any team that gets nearly 100 points in a league season is going to be disappointed not to be promoted, but who knows, it may even come down to luck in the end, it'll be close. Though as tough as it is for us, I was kind of hoping we'd get Witton in the playoffs, they've got a very decent ground for this level with terracing all the way round I believe and both teams will be very well supported, so it should be a cracking atmosphere, going to predict 800 with 200-250 away fans. Can't wait, it's great to be involved with such huge all-or-nothing games.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Wittoner wrote:Albion fan here in peace! Hoping you bring a few fans to create a good atmosphere!

I would estimate that there will be around 300-450 Wittoners as we usually get more for the big games so I would estimate a gate of 550-750 depending on how many of you travel.

We have played some great stuff this season ... it all comes down to tomorrow night though so may the best team win! You can be assured of a warm welcome at Witton. :drinks:

Whatever the result all the best for the future and have a safe journey.
Thanks, I'm confident we will bring a couple of hundred and I think the segregation will add to the atmosphere! From my point of view we are slightly fortunate to have this opportunity so as long as we put in 100% effort that's all we can ask. You finished 25 points ahead of us so the pressure is off, of course I'll still be gutted if we lose! I just hope it's a good game and we can play the our true potential! I'm looking forward to trip up, any decent pubs around the ground?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
Wittoner wrote:Albion fan here in peace! Hoping you bring a few fans to create a good atmosphere!

I would estimate that there will be around 300-450 Wittoners as we usually get more for the big games so I would estimate a gate of 550-750 depending on how many of you travel.

We have played some great stuff this season ... it all comes down to tomorrow night though so may the best team win! You can be assured of a warm welcome at Witton. :drinks:

Whatever the result all the best for the future and have a safe journey.
Thanks, I'm confident we will bring a couple of hundred and I think the segregation will add to the atmosphere! From my point of view we are slightly fortunate to have this opportunity so as long as we put in 100% effort that's all we can ask. You finished 25 points ahead of us so the pressure is off, of course I'll still be gutted if we lose! I just hope it's a good game and we can play the our true potential! I'm looking forward to trip up, any decent pubs around the ground?
The ground appears to be on the outskirts of town in a industrial estate. I am assuming car parking is available at the ground? There is a Marston's pub round the corner (The Salt Barge) not sure how good it is though
Wittoner

Post by Wittoner »

Our social club is your best bet with a variety of different beers etc. Other clubs often comment that we have a good social club. Nearest pubs (weatherspoons etc) are 20-25 minute walk away in Northwich.
Wittoner

Post by Wittoner »

Yes lots of car parking at the ground.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

So, we know how good Witton are, just how do we come up with a gameplan to beat them? 5 across the back, 3 in midfield and two up front? One thing's for sure, we're going to have to be at our very best and at it from the start.
COME ON YOU WHIIIITES !!
AFC R & D member number 34
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

I can't see us going there nicking an early goal and trying to defend it. It just isn't us, A) we tend to start slowly and working into a game and B) We are not good enough to defend such slender leads. If we going to win we are going to need to score 2 or 3 I think.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Rushdenjim wrote:There is a Marston's pub round the corner (The Salt Barge) not sure how good it is though
Yes that's the nearest pub, but it's not a Marston's pub, it's the name of the village where it's situated. The social club at the ground seems to be the best bet.

https://whatpub.com/pubs/CNC/496/salt-barge-marston
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The ground is well signposted in the Northwich area, but its worth noting that the final turning off Chapel Street is into a minor road opposite a Buildbase.
Last edited by Formic on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Wittoner wrote:Our social club is your best bet with a variety of different beers etc. Other clubs often comment that we have a good social club. Nearest pubs (weatherspoons etc) are 20-25 minute walk away in Northwich.
When we went there a few weeks back the bar staff were very friendly and the beers good choice. Even entertainment in form of DJ .
On that occasion the Witton players were quite happy to talk to us after the game and considered we were the 3rd best in the league, so they will surely show us respect.

Only downside is that some of the club officials are rather ..... er officious!! Their Chairman is also the Chairman of the NPL so is a stickler for the rules and formality.

So don't antagonise the stewards.If everybody behaves themselves then we will be treated properly and have an enjoyable time regardless of the result.