[ Tue 20th Sep ] v K*ttering Town FC, KO 7:45pm NFAHC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: [ Tue 20th Sep ] v K*ttering Town FC, KO 7:45pm NFAHC AWAY

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Players and fans can hold the heads up high. Our support for the boys was great again, I'm sure I echo everyone's thoughts for us with our key players rested and to go to a team a division above with a FL striker and make them hold on until the very end is a massive credit to the club and then players themselves. Considering they don't see us as rivals the way they celebrated scoring in the first round of the hiller cup was a bit embarrassing with their keeper running up to the halfway line although he ended up looking like a *** in the end.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

That announcer was comical. You would think that they were playing Real Madrid, he got himself so excited even for subs!!!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

But for the opening 20 minutes of the second half, we gave a really good account of ourselves. The scum always looked dangerous going forward (as you'd expect given the players at their disposal), but defensively they were pretty shocking.... their right back almost made Ollie Wilkinson look good.

The first half was pretty uninspiring with not much to choose between us, they dominated possession and missed some really good chances, but we counter attacked well and missed three great chances of our own. They then dominated the start of the second half, but we fought back brilliantly to avoid a spanking and make a real game of it towards the end.

The scoreline was a fair reflection of the game, but if that's the best they have to offer given the money being thrown around then :cheesy:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote:Very proud of our lads. Firstly for coming back from 3-0 down and secondly for putting up a great fight against a team with an embarrassment of attacking riches for this level of football quite frankly. Given the amount of changes from Saturday and considering some of them hadn't played much football this season I thought it was an excellent display.

Thought it was a bit poor that we were hammering O'Connor. Well, I obviously understand why but it's worth remembering that he stuck with the old club until the bitter end, getting paid little or nothing for months.
Did he celebrate when he scored?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Very proud of our lads. Firstly for coming back from 3-0 down and secondly for putting up a great fight against a team with an embarrassment of attacking riches for this level of football quite frankly. Given the amount of changes from Saturday and considering some of them hadn't played much football this season I thought it was an excellent display.

Thought it was a bit poor that we were hammering O'Connor. Well, I obviously understand why but it's worth remembering that he stuck with the old club until the bitter end, getting paid little or nothing for months.
Did he celebrate when he scored?
Wouldn't call it a celebration. Just sort of walked around high-fiving a few of his teammates.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I've come across this, I don't know how long it will be on youtube as KTFC will be releasing on DVD in time for Christmas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_xmuuPSi0A
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sandringhamdiamond wrote:I've come across this, I don't know how long it will be on youtube as KTFC will be releasing on DVD in time for Christmas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_xmuuPSi0A
Seems they haven't discovered sound on videos in K*ttering. Probably a blessing in disguise for them, as their support is more akin to a library when they play!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

One of the best moments is 1 hour 33 mins in when finners goes to kick the ball!!!!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Diamond White

Post by Diamond White »

Like that.

I see from that camera angle the line paint was about as clear as it looked last night.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

bozzer wrote:One of the best moments is 1 hour 33 mins in when finners goes to kick the ball!!!!
What a guy haha!