[ Mon 29th Aug ] v Bedworth Utd, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Mon 29th Aug ] v Bedworth Utd, KO 3pm NPL1S HOME

Post by Trek »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:
Great to see us get a clean sheet, second half was more even but credit to our defence we kept them out.
.... and to Nic Evangelinos for preventing a goal when he was on the back post defending a corner. :good:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Our two home matches have been the highest attendances in our league this season.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Great work on the video and interviews once again. Taylor seems to have a really good attitude and I'm very pleased for the lad.

Nobody has commented on the forum but there were loads of complimentary comments yesterday about the state of the ground generally and the pitch in particular with all those fancy concentric mowing circles all shown off on a beautiful day.

What a crying shame that the landlord is not happy to see football continue to played at the Dog & Duck.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:The first half was probably the best we've played this season, haven't been to any of the away games, so can't compare.
By a mile, best for a long time, looked good all the way through, if you wanted to be ultra critical then maybe should have got the 3rd goal and finished the game off in the 1st half / early in 2nd, but that is the only very small negative. Rather large sigh of relief from me and all those I was standing with when the extent of injury to Ross was mentioned given his enormous impact over the weekend. As mentioned by others this is starting to look like a league where anyone can beat anyone, after 4 games only 2 on max points and 5 unbeaten, and a host of strange results Newcastle winning first 3 games, did we miss an opportunity to beat a good side or did they use 3 get out of jail cards in a row, the latter I would suggest, and the lump it and hoof it 11 from Carlton winning at Rugby. Big month coming up with the FA Cup followed by league games against the present top 2 and 4 from top 6 + Rugby who I guess we may recognise a few from, though hopefully we will loose the Witton fixture to the next round of the Cup.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Trek wrote:
diamondgeezer1 wrote:
Great to see us get a clean sheet, second half was more even but credit to our defence we kept them out.
.... and to Nic Evangelinos for preventing a goal when he was on the back post defending a corner. :good:
Ahh yes I forgot about that!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73