[ Sat 27th Aug ] v Carlton Town, KO 3pm NPL1S AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Aug ] v Carlton Town, KO 3pm NPL1S AWAY

Post by AndyKirkup »

corby diamond wrote:Only slight negative was again another dug out rucus at the end I think after Leslie's goal.. Does anyone know what happened to spark that.. Didn't Paul lamb get sent to the changing rooms.. Hard to see from where I was sitting?
No, someone from the Carlton bench was sent to the stands by the referee for encroaching into the Diamonds technical area. No Diamonds players or officials were penalised.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Credit must go to the management team in making the changes to formation and personnel. We looked something like we did last season, with Ross Oulton looking like he'll be a major asset in a creative midfield role. Kyal McNulty had a much better game in defence, and the whole back four looked more confident. The interplay of passes and general link up play between the front six in the first half was something I hadn't seen since the Royston playoff game - and possibly prior to that it was the game away at Aylesbury FC back in January.

Clearly Bedworth will be a bigger test, but hopefully there will be the confidence in the side now to give them a real game.

We now have three points from three games - same as the start of last season - although there was probably more negativity after the game at Ware than we've seen on here after yesterday's game.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

corby diamond wrote:Great performance from the boys today and most importantly a response which was needed. Nice to get off the mark.. Wasn't the best set up but a friendly bunch..

Superb from nabil and always makes me smile to see good old Brad Harris put it in the net. Difficult conditions second half but nice to see the midfield a lot more sharpish today.. Also positive to see 2 on the sticks from set pieces.. Still needs some improvement in defence but definitely onwards and upwards...

Only slight negative was again another dug out rucus at the end I think after Leslie's goal.. Does anyone know what happened to spark that.. Didn't Paul lamb get sent to the changing rooms.. Hard to see from where I was sitting?
Proof that the management team/players do read this forum, as Trek suggested that we should have two players on the sticks in the Sileby match thread!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek

Post by Trek »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:
Proof that the management team/players do read this forum, as Trek suggested that we should have two players on the sticks in the Sileby match thread!
Carlton had two scouts at the Sileby game and I stood near the Carlton dugout and noticed in the first half that their coaches were emphasising the need 'to win the second ball from set pieces'. We clearly defended far better than in recent games but I was still a tad disappointed with the nature of their equaliser, which was similar to Newcastle's winner.
Trek

Post by Trek »

I see the no hopers of Carlton beat Rugby Town 1-0 at Butlin Road this afternoon.

Funny old league!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Some of the results in this league have been baffling - already. I tipped Kidsgrove and Stamford on here pre-season yet they've both had poor starts. Kidsgrove are yet to win.

The Carlton result, as you say, is a strange one. Newcastle winning their first 3 games was even weirder!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think I am correct in saying that no team has won by more than 2 goals or scored more than 3 in a game.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

sussexdiamond wrote:I think I am correct in saying that no team has won by more than 2 goals or scored more than 3 in a game.
Witton 3-0 Kidsgrove??
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60