[ Tue 26rh Apr ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SL1DC Playoff SF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 26rh Apr ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SL1DC Playoff SF AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Tue 26rh Apr ] v Royston Town, KO 7:45pm SL1DC Playoff SF AWAY

Post by Formic »

Details of coach travel - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/travel-detai ... esday-26th

Let's hope we can get some of the spirit generated like when we travelled to Rochdale in the Division Three Play-off Semi-Final 14 years ago.
supersub

Post by supersub »

You remember that :blink: Well done Formic!!! SS
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Looking at their home record in past 10 games ( W6 D2 L2) not been particularly special, apart from 6-0 v Leighton and includes a defeat by Godalming, and of course that 1-0 win v Diamonds.

If we can create the chances that we have done recently, particularly in the first half of matches, we have a good chance of progressing, but the big question is taking those chances when they present themselves. Our defence has been pretty solid even during the bad spell, only 9 goals conceded in past 11 games. Taking the lead when we are on top is blindingly obvious but we just have not done that and then allowed opposition to get back into the game.

A final on Bank Holiday Monday at St Ives would be great.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Anyone interested, this is an "as it stands" Step 3 and 4 for next season:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... ZIxSE0yKxA

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... SggA7td37I

Yes, it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't go up, but (and seems likely) I'd also prefer us to go into the Northern Premier Division One South. It has been on the cards all season, but more new grounds, and the travelling on balance is probably a much of a much without the M25. Also the teams on balance seem to be better supported than in the Central.

That said, I have also felt it would greatly help us progress as a club to be in the Southern Premier next season due to the number of local derbies and the teams in it, a certain team aside. We've kinda missed that in a strange way this year, but certainly would not want to go back to the UCL.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I was looking at potential opponents in the SL Prem. It is possible that we could play K*ttering, Dunstable, Biggleswade, Camb City, St Neots, Stratford, Brackley Corby, St Albans and Banbury. All within 1 hour from Dog and Duck.

A bit further afield but not too far: Chippenham, Kings Lynn, Chesham, Cirencester, Slough, Kings Langley, Cinderford,

Long distance Merthyr, Frome, Dorchester and Weymouth, Taunton (or Winchester or Swindon Supermarine)
Obviously there will be a few changes but on balance not a bad division to be in.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

sussexdiamond wrote:Looking at their home record in past 10 games ( W6 D2 L2) not been particularly special, apart from 6-0 v Leighton and includes a defeat by Godalming, and of course that 1-0 win v Diamonds.

If we can create the chances that we have done recently, particularly in the first half of matches, we have a good chance of progressing, but the big question is taking those chances when they present themselves. Our defence has been pretty solid even during the bad spell, only 9 goals conceded in past 11 games. Taking the lead when we are on top is blindingly obvious but we just have not done that and then allowed opposition to get back into the game.

A final on Bank Holiday Monday at St Ives would be great.
Let's get through this one first. I think it was BartonRaz who also pointed out that Royston have had a heavy schedule on their run in, Sat, Tues, Thurs, Sat and then us Tuesday, which could play a part as well. Besides that they may have a player or two unfit as well. WE need to go there in numbers and make it noisy, get behind our team and see where it takes us. Flags, balloons, paper and noise anyone? :biggrin:
12th Man roll call
ME +1
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

At least copies of the new slimline yellow pages will be spared, as we will be wearing the red strip as we did in March.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Mad Dog wrote:Anyone interested, this is an "as it stands" Step 3 and 4 for next season:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... ZIxSE0yKxA

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... SggA7td37I

Yes, it wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't go up, but (and seems likely) I'd also prefer us to go into the Northern Premier Division One South. It has been on the cards all season, but more new grounds, and the travelling on balance is probably a much of a much without the M25. Also the teams on balance seem to be better supported than in the Central.

That said, I have also felt it would greatly help us progress as a club to be in the Southern Premier next season due to the number of local derbies and the teams in it, a certain team aside. We've kinda missed that in a strange way this year, but certainly would not want to go back to the UCL.
I prefer us to go up, let's give it are all (in numbers) at Royston on Tuesday, and let's win. :biggrin:

I'll prefer to be in the Southern Premier next season, a number of local derbies, :biggrin:

I'll prefer not to go into North South league, a, more travelling, b, less derbies, and c, tougher league.

If we don't go up Southern Central next season. :biggrin:
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

COME ON YOU DIAMOND BOYS

:joy:
AFC R & D member number 34