[ Tues 5th Apr ] v Arlesey KO 7.45pm SL1DC Away

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
updiamonds

Re: [ Tues April 5th ] v Arlesey KO 7.45pm SL1DC Away

Post by updiamonds »

I thought 1st half was ok to good, and should have been more up. Then the 2nd half performance was rubbish, no heart no commitment from them, nothing.

Saturday has to be a better performance from them.

And I thought the ref was rubbish.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:
diamondsteve wrote:
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:I think those pointing fingers at the likes of Dolman and Sandy, need to take a long hard look at themselves.. Even better, the three chaps sat in the dugout.
would love to be proved wrong by the experienced players starting this Saturday!!
Where are dolmans goals? He's a centre half, they're a bonus! And what about the managements leadership? Dolman doesn't even want to be captain!
We used to have goals coming from all over the pitch . Dolman used to be a magnet on corners . And maybe it's because Browns assists have gone. You also don't need to be a captain to be a leader
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

diamondsteve wrote:
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:
diamondsteve wrote:
would love to be proved wrong by the experienced players starting this Saturday!!
Where are dolmans goals? He's a centre half, they're a bonus! And what about the managements leadership? Dolman doesn't even want to be captain!
We used to have goals coming from all over the pitch . Dolman used to be a magnet on corners . And maybe it's because Browns assists have gone. You also don't need to be a captain to be a leader
Completely agree, I just think you're being unfair to single him out.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Glad I made the choice tonight not to trek upto Raggy Arseley Rovers and watch us lose. Tonight the is the first time in this clubs history I have logged onto see virtually the entire forum unite in rage. I feel like the coming weeks are a crucial time for this club.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Glad I made the choice tonight not to trek upto Raggy Arseley Rovers and watch us lose. Tonight the is the first time in this clubs history I have logged onto see virtually the entire forum unite in rage. I feel like the coming weeks are a crucial time for this club.
There's no need to disrespect the other clubs in our division like that. A number of teams that you'd call tinpot have beaten us in the last few weeks.

Another year in this division is needed, along with a reassessment of the whole squad. I think Peaks has probably earned the right to get another crack at this division, with a decision to be made after the first 3rd of next season.

This prolonged run of form shows that we're not ready for Step 3 yet. I'd prefer to stay in this division, rather than NPLD1S, but that's just down to travel.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

I don't know who 'operates' the official twitter feed but can I suggest that they be more 'professional' when updating match details on behalf of the club.

Whatever they thought about the second half performance, they are representing the club and, therefore, need to keep emotions in checK upon the final whistle.
DiamondBarmy

Post by DiamondBarmy »

We can't rely on defenders always scoring for us, I can understand from set pieces! But I can't see our attacking players scoring half a time! OOOPS ANOTHER one wide or over the bar. Play possession football, use the wings, quick one twos, make darting runs in the box! But when you look at are management they look like they are there for a jolly, no passion, no change of system. I mean BIFFA=CLUELESS, LAMBY=Deluded, Peaksy=OUT OF HIS DEPTH. I think its time for a change of management, big time, someone that has higher league experience, knows the game better than our three Micky mouse coaches. WHY WE ARE AT IT BRING BACK ALFIE TAYLOR, he's made it clear he wants too come back, give him a chance, let him prove himself. HE cant do much worse than we've had.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

DiamondBarmy wrote:We can't rely on defenders always scoring for us, I can understand from set pieces! But I can't see our attacking players scoring half a time! OOOPS ANOTHER one wide or over the bar. Play possession football, use the wings, quick one twos, make darting runs in the box! But when you look at are management they look like they are there for a jolly, no passion, no change of system. I mean BIFFA=CLUELESS, LAMBY=Deluded, Peaksy=OUT OF HIS DEPTH. I think its time for a change of management, big time, someone that has higher league experience, knows the game better than our three Micky mouse coaches. WHY WE ARE AT IT BRING BACK ALFIE TAYLOR, he's made it clear he wants too come back, give him a chance, let him prove himself. HE cant do much worse than we've had.
Hmmm another interesting first post once again putting the management on the chopping block :hmmm:

It's a real shame that there is simply too many people wanting to rise too quickly, give it another half a season with "the Mickey Mouse trio" in charge. When will people accept its a marathon not a sprint!!

Oh and once again just to clarify I'm on board with the dilluded one, the clueless one and the drowning one!
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

DiamondBarmy wrote:We can't rely on defenders always scoring for us, I can understand from set pieces! But I can't see our attacking players scoring half a time! OOOPS ANOTHER one wide or over the bar. Play possession football, use the wings, quick one twos, make darting runs in the box! But when you look at are management they look like they are there for a jolly, no passion, no change of system. I mean BIFFA=CLUELESS, LAMBY=Deluded, Peaksy=OUT OF HIS DEPTH. I think its time for a change of management, big time, someone that has higher league experience, knows the game better than our three Micky mouse coaches. WHY WE ARE AT IT BRING BACK ALFIE TAYLOR, he's made it clear he wants too come back, give him a chance, let him prove himself. HE cant do much worse than we've had.
K*ttering fan? Alfie Taylor was our hero, a long long time ago in a much worse league. I think he'd struggle to make a bigger impact than Jason Turner last season.
DBCL

Post by DBCL »

Last night I wanted to post on here for the first time in a long time. I was so angry, disillusioned and upset. What has happened to my team???

I resisted and laid in bed analysing.

In the first half we played well. On another day we could have had two or three goals. Close misses, balls cleared off the line, good saves by there keeper and a great penalty save from 'Finners'. A positive first half based on recent performances. I looked forward to another positive display in the second half.

Then the game changer. The penalty. yes a poor ref decision, but the decision was made and the goal given. For me this is where it all went wrong from players and management. We lost our discipline, spending more time moaning at the ref. as a consequence we also lost our shape and purpose. Yes I believe it was a poor decision but at this point leadership should have stepped in on the field and off. Focus, encouragement, instructions from the bench are all phrases that come to mind. But it didn't happen. Jack Ashton got himself needlessly booked for continuing to nip at the ref's ear about the decision and immediately put pressure on himself for the remainder of the game. (only picking on Jack as an example) The bench spent the next 10 minutes telling the ref he was an embarrassment instead of motivating and working on the team.

Mr Abbey meanwhile was coaching from the side-lines. motivating, encouraging, switching things to push on. It was interesting that the same Mr Abbey also seemed to be agreeing with Poor Ref decisions openly with our bench. may be I am giving undeserved credit but this seemed to fuel further anger toward the Ref by our bench. Very clever kidology.

Where is our midfield? We do not have anyone moving forward from our holding position in midfield to fill that 'second ball' gap behind our strikers. I don't know how many times Elliot Sandy was making this point during the game.

I don't agree that the coaching staff need to be sacked. What good at this stage will that do? They have been successful. May be we need to get back to the basics and concentrate during the game on motivating, encouraging, making tactical switches as necessary with our team rather than concentrate on the Ref. Also the natural Leaders within the team need to step up, invoke discipline, encourage, motivate. And lastly, us fans. We need to do our bit. I know its easy to verbally moan and criticise. I know because I can and was one of them last night. I must have sounded like a grumpy old man. Well, actually I am; but I have made up my mind to encourage the team to the best of my ability for the rest of the season.