[ Tues 5th Apr ] v Arlesey KO 7.45pm SL1DC Away

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Tues April 5th ] v Arlesey KO 7.45pm SL1DC Away

Post by Pigman »

I thought we did okay first half, could easily have been 3 up at half time, it all fell apart second half though - absolute dogshite frankly.

Arlesey deserved the win because of their work rate and effort - we were piss poor across the park second half!

I'm lost for words as to how it's come to this, for that matter how a half time break can see a team fall apart like that.

We're still in the hunt for a play off spot, Aylesbury lost tonight, but for the first time I'm thinking we're going to miss out - with just 4 points from the last 21 available we frankly don't deserve them!!

K*ttering are going to rip us apart !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Absolute rubbish.

The criticism towards the management team is growing and after that you can understand why.

No apparent coaching or talking to the players (not sure they would even listen) just constant moaning at the officials, although they were poor it is no way any excuse for what we dished up this evening.

No midfield again, no support to the front two, no tracking back just complete and utter rubbish.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

How depressing is Twitter these days, where it used to be tweet after tweet of action, now it's few and far between and often depressing!!

I think we need another season at this level, I honestly do.. The team at the moment is frankly god damn awful.. Why the hell was half the squad changed after the beaconsfield game??

Whether or not we go up, I'm hoping we don't but for me since January that was the turning point of the season without a doubt. We may go up but with the current squad will likely to be in a relegation dogfight.. Now how depressing that would be!!!!! :hmmm:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

real diamond wrote:Absolute rubbish.

The criticism towards the management team is growing and after that you can understand why.

No apparent coaching or talking to the players (not sure they would even listen) just constant moaning at the officials, although they were poor it is no way any excuse for what we dished up this evening.

No midfield again, no support to the front two, no tracking back just complete and utter rubbish.
Agree centre midfield is non existent. Quigley in there all day long over jepson. I thought Richards was a a breathe of fresh air when he came on but he cannot carry the team.

Where's our leader dolman gone ? His leadership his goals... Maybe him too has had enough and wants a new start . Too many staying for the £££ having a easy ride.

So pissed off . Would love to have our UCL wining side back :cheesy:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Our recent player recruitment has quite simply been ****ing appalling. So many changes and awful replacements for injured /departed players has created an obvious disconnect between the team and fans that was absolutely unthinkable this time last year. Tonight, for the first time, I think every one of us there was united in rage.

Bunch of mercenaries.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

corby diamond wrote:How depressing is Twitter these days, where it used to be tweet after tweet of action, now it's few and far between and often depressing!!

I think we need another season at this level, I honestly do.. The team at the moment is frankly god damn awful.. Why the hell was half the squad changed after the beaconsfield game??

Whether or not we go up, I'm hoping we don't but for me since January that was the turning point of the season without a doubt. We may go up but with the current squad will likely to be in a relegation dogfight.. Now how depressing that would be!!!!! :hmmm:
You think Twitter is depressing? You should try watching them fuckers!

And r.e needing another season at this level... We won't have the choice!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
TwinkleToesTomlin

I think those pointing fingers at the likes of Dolman and Sandy, need to take a long hard look at themselves.. Even better, the three chaps sat in the dugout.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:I think those pointing fingers at the likes of Dolman and Sandy, need to take a long hard look at themselves.. Even better, the three chaps sat in the dugout.
would love to be proved wrong by the experienced players starting this Saturday!!
TwinkleToesTomlin

Although I agree 4/5 players aren't pulling their weight/simply not good enough. It's the way we're playing and the fact we haven't changed/adapting is baffling. I would love to see our possession stats! We don't keep the ball in the middle of the park, we don't receive the ball deep in the middle of the park, and we don't support the front men/winger from the middle of the park, we just ****ing bypass them! It wouldn't make a blind but of difference if we had xavi and iniesta in the middle of the park or Dave Albon and Andy, if we're not going to play through them!

We are so one dimenional, teams have us sussed. Lump the ball forward to two hard working strikers ot get the ball wide and hope the wingers produce a bit of magic, don't get me wrong that alright as a plan B but what happens to keep the ball, give and gos, quick passing? That's how you beat teams!
TwinkleToesTomlin

diamondsteve wrote:
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:I think those pointing fingers at the likes of Dolman and Sandy, need to take a long hard look at themselves.. Even better, the three chaps sat in the dugout.
would love to be proved wrong by the experienced players starting this Saturday!!
Where are dolmans goals? He's a centre half, they're a bonus! And what about the managements leadership? Dolman doesn't even want to be captain!