Northern Premier League

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Northern Premier League

Post by Sid »

Is it possible we might end up in the NPL?
In the NPL South, Norton United are folding, Tividale being thrown out for failing ground grading, Rainworth Miners Welfare supposedly resigning and hopelessly bottom Brigg Town must be relegated by FA rules. Also the Northern League has no serious applicant to go up.
Presumably Isthmian clubs would move to the SL, who would lose clubs to the NPL to make up the shortfall. Now Bedworth and Rugby would be moved before us, but either could be promoted via the play offs. Next in line would be us I guess :?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Northern Premier League

Post by Formic »

Sid wrote:Is it possible we might end up in the NPL?
In the NPL South, Norton United are folding, Tividale being thrown out for failing ground grading, Rainworth Miners Welfare supposedly resigning and hopelessly bottom Brigg Town must be relegated by FA rules. Also the Northern League has no serious applicant to go up.
Presumably Isthmian clubs would move to the SL, who would lose clubs to the NPL to make up the shortfall. Now Bedworth and Rugby would be moved before us, but either could be promoted via the play offs. Next in line would be us I guess :?
I wonder where they'd take their measurements for AFC R&D ? - Irthlingborough, Rushden or Wellingborough? It might make a difference when they are looking at these sorts of reshuffles if St Ives are also in the equation. With Spalding and Kings Lynn already in the NPL setup perhaps St Ives might be moved ahead of us.
Sid

Post by Sid »

It's done within each step, so Kings Lynn would not be relevant. Spalding may well join them at step 3 as well.
Formic

Post by Formic »

Whichever league we end up in, let us hope it is settled without the sort of last minute changes some clubs have suffered. I'm sure it would influence which players we might attract / convince to stay at step 4 depending whether we are looking north or south for our away games.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

Sid wrote:Is it possible we might end up in the NPL?

If there was a next team to go (I hope not) then I believe it would be Daventry.

A, because there close to Rugby.

And B. because there close to the M1, (easier to get to)
Formic

Post by Formic »

There's also the added complication about whether Bedworth might make the playoffs, as the FA are still to decide what happens regarding their game with Northwood which was abandoned due to a "mass brawl".
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The latest spreadsheet has a couple of changes to the SLD1C. St Ives moved to the Ryman Div One North with Banbury moved into Southern Div One Central to replace them.

Tividale's ground grading failure has now been taken into account and there's still no need for Daventry to move north.

They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

BartonRaz wrote:The latest spreadsheet has a couple of changes to the SLD1C. St Ives moved to the Ryman Div One North with Banbury moved into Southern Div One Central to replace them.

Tividale's ground grading failure has now been taken into account and there's still no need for Daventry to move north.

Some teams keep on swapping and changing (like a yo yo) from one moment to the next moment. Lol :lol: :roll: :?
Sid

Post by Sid »

Formic wrote:Whichever league we end up in, let us hope it is settled without the sort of last minute changes some clubs have suffered. I'm sure it would influence which players we might attract / convince to stay at step 4 depending whether we are looking north or south for our away games.
I still think fairly unlikely that we will be placed in the NPL, but unfortunately there will be some uncertainty until mid? June when the step 3/4 leagues have their AGMs and things are set in stone.
The FA leagues committee meet in mid May and produce provisional constitutions, but these can and sometimes do change before the AGMs.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

updiamonds wrote:
Some teams keep on swapping and changing (like a yo yo) from one moment to the next moment. Lol :lol: :roll: :?
It's a real labour of love from the guy giving up his time to produce it. Peter Miller who produced one last season hasn't done one this year. It's going to change right up to the last match of the season and is very much 'unofficial and best guess' and until the FA have 'contemplated their navel' we won't be sure of our fate. Should know around the middle of May. ;)