Nene park

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mat.H

Nene park

Post by Mat.H »

Planning Application has been withdrawn!!!
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Nene park

Post by Trek »

Good news. We've won the battle but not the war. Now is the time to increase the pressure on ENC to acquire the site for community use. ;)
supersub

Post by supersub »

For once Trek I actually agree with you., now keep the Forum up to date with Saturday's big game and we might end up being best buddies. SS
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Why though is my football tean being used to win votes in the upcoming election??
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Mat.H wrote:Why though is my football tean being used to win votes in the upcoming election??
In fairness to the local Labour PPC, Nene Park is something that local politicians (particularly at council level) have a say on and a key role to play. The point of elections is for people to vote in those who they agree with, so it is at least encouraging if local candidates support our cause.

We will need the support of elected officials to get back into our own community.
Member Number: 21
Trek

Post by Trek »

supersub wrote:.... now keep the Forum up to date with Saturday's big game and we might end up being best buddies. SS
Sorry Christine, I shall be at the game and don't have a Smart Phone. Seriously go on Twitter and follow the Club's official feed which starts with team news and then you won't have any need to come on this forum whilst the game's being played. ;)
Trek

Post by Trek »

Everyweeker wrote:
We will need the support of elected officials to get back into our own community.
Perhaps, there's been progress already made in that respect. ;)
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Like Trek said, battle won the war a long way to go.

I'm still if the opinion that the site is suitable for Community use but the stadium isn't and never will be.

This is a step in the right direction though
Trek

Post by Trek »

The email on ENC's planning portal from the Agent mentions a 'resubmission'. The plot thickens.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Trek wrote:
supersub wrote:.... now keep the Forum up to date with Saturday's big game and we might end up being best buddies. SS
Sorry Christine, I shall be at the game and don't have a Smart Phone. Seriously go on Twitter and follow the Club's official feed which starts with team news and then you won't have any need to come on this forum whilst the game's being played. ;)
I'll be at home washing my hair SS. I'll send you the scores.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.