[ Tue 23rd Sep ] v Newport Pagnell, KO 7.45pm, UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: [ Tue 23rd Sep ] v Newport Pagnell, KO 7.45pm, UCLP AWAY

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:
Performances from Lorraine and Confue were very good however.
Adam Confue for me, is starting to become the first name on the teamsheet. His determination, presence and aerial ability is the best we've had at the club in the midfield position. He didn't have the best pre-season but has been one of the top performers in competitive matches.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I know our final 3rd play is not quite there yet (more to do with the wingers being poor)but I think we have 3 great strikers at the moment. Dunks is quality at this level, cant be many better target men at this level or even the level above. Turner is a clever quality striker, really knows where the goal is. Considering he had to play 2 games up front on his own recently he could have had 3 or 4 goals. Keepers have made some good saves against him in the last 3 games but its his technique which is impressive, uses a yard of space well. And Tom brings something else to the table, tall, powerful yet quick. 3 strikers anyone?
Lamb-Johnson is such a raw talent, if we can work on the silly little bits we could have a great player. I think it was sumed up on Tuesday night when he had some great runs with pace only to kick his own leg or stand on the ball. I personally rate him and given time, and hard work, he will be tearing up defences.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I think a very good sum up by Fetinger, I am being very impressed with Tom this year he looks so much quicker than when he came to us. As you say Dunks is very good and Jason adds a very skilful dimension but don,t forget Faisel who I think is our leading scorer
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Highlights are available here

http://youtu.be/I5q3Pr_0rGM
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Good interview with with Tom Lorraine. His attitude is spot on.
Rushdentom

Post by Rushdentom »

Class that a lot of the answer to the question we all wanted an answer to, i.e Joe Henderson, appears to have been edited out!!
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Rushdentom wrote:Class that a lot of the answer to the question we all wanted an answer to, i.e Joe Henderson, appears to have been edited out!!
That is pretty much word for word. We had someone making a lot of noise in the background when Andy was answering the question so we did it again and it looks like Jon has put the best quality audio on there
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
Rushdentom wrote:Class that a lot of the answer to the question we all wanted an answer to, i.e Joe Henderson, appears to have been edited out!!
That is pretty much word for word. We had someone making a lot of noise in the background when Andy was answering the question so we did it again and it looks like Jon has put the best quality audio on there

That'll be the bloke coming out saying there are 4 burgers left did anyone want them!!!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Mal's pics added to Adam's Match Report along with link to updated stats at http://www.afcdiamonds.com/newport-pagn ... amonds-2-2 including a splendid pic of Tom Lorraine's "chinner".