after the last few days....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: after the last few days....

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

rushdenshireelite wrote:Think a few people have drifted off topic here! It's not about the board! I know a few fans are just curious because of a mass outing of what are regarded as good players
More highly regarded by the fans than management it seems, given the reasons for the departures.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm sure there will be a members forum soon enough and then people can ask all the questions they want. Whether or not they'll agree with or even like the answers they're given is a whole different point.

Messageboards like this can be the best and worst of things - why not draw a line under this, get behind the team and the manager and hopefully pick up 3 points Saturday !!

We all want the same thing eh?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

Pigman wrote:I meant to add, maybe the lack of vocal support had something to do with what is happening on the field?? Maybe we as fans need to up our game rather than look for scapegoats elsewhere ??
Perhaps if the football on show was anyhting other than dire 'hoofball' then maybe there may be more to cheer/get excited about.

I for one have become disillusioned watching a lacklustre, uninspiring and dismal style of football: ever wonder why Stoke games are rarely shown on live TV???

As for looking for scapegoats, if this is my opinion, then this comes down to the style of play. As per previous posts, no-one other than the manager has a say on this, so I'm afraid the buck stops there.

I see a lot of people say on here that they 'trust the manager'. I can't say I know the chap on a personal level so can't comment from that perspective but what is there in his career that says he warrants automatic trust? From what I gather (quite prepared to be shot down by some statto!), he hasn't got a great deal of senior football management experience.

As previously mentioned here, there does seem to be an attitude problem with some of our more renowned players shall we say and I just wonder if that is causing a bit of a divide in the dressing room. Might need an extension putting on to fit in the egos of King, Dunkley & Koriya! No one man is bigger than the team and I think some people need to realise this

A distinct lack of ideas was a problem for us last season but sheer quality dragged us through some needlessly tight games. I can't help but think a bit of UCL know-how would do us a world of good (and I don't mean someone who's going to bring in every Tom, Dick & Harry from Northampton Spencer alumni). I don't expect this from the current board members who have only been around for a couple of years, but as the saying goes 'it's not what you know, it's who you know'; the club would benefit from someone with in-depth knowledge of the nether regions of non-league football.

If anyone replies with 'the team plays to the crowd' then I'd be more than happy for them to pay £6 to get in and for me to waltz in for free and have first dibs at the buffet at the end of the game!

Let's see if the same clique as usual fancy lambasting someone with an opinion other than their own! Portions of the tripe on Facebook ain't worth the time of day but this Forum has recently been a breeding ground for a load of absolute drivel and the attitude of some people on here is just downright comical!

Feel free to disect my every word and tear me to shreds!
Everywhere we go....
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Honestly, it's good to have some serious two-sided debate on here again.

The issue here is not with the board, certainly not in my opinion, the board are doing a fine job and long may it continue. The issue I believe stems from the PR own-goal that has been and continues to be the Nat/Lance saga. Let's start from the beginning.

Two first team players in Wisniewski and Dent leave the club, much to the disappointment of many. Next we find out Lance and Nat have gone which leaves us very short. At least 2 of the above were fans favourites. The fans are confused. The club release a statement that is both extremely vague and harsh on the two players IMO, regardless of what they've done. The players only way of defending themselves is by taking to social media so naturally Nat does just that.

Nat puts on Twitter that he's been released because of his tweets. Many of us fans are then left thinking - hang on a minute. Haven't we seen far worse from another player in our side? Other players have been guilty of it too. Nat then said he felt he'd been made an example of and at the time I was inclined to agree. People at the club are then at pains to point out that the statement mentioned nothing about Twitter. So are they trying to say that it was nothing to do with Twitter? If so, somebody is lying. The fans are confused.

Then we're told that there were other factors which we're unaware about - i'm not bothered about that, that can stay in the dressing room as far as i'm concerned and if that's the case then fair enough. We're then told in interviews, programme notes and on here that the decision has been taken in the best interests of the club/team which is the sticking point for me. On what basis is it in our best interests? They've been missing for two games. In those two games it's left us unable to fill a bench against PNS, left us having to re-sign a player that couldn't command a place last season in Division One for whatever reason (don't mean to be harsh on the lad just stating a fact), and unfortunately for everybody, it's seen us drop further points that have effectively pissed up the wall any remaining chance we had of promotion this season. The fans are confused.

Then, we're further embarrassed when a certain former player takes it upon himself to reveal that a whole host of players are unhappy. Why are the players unhappy here? The fans are confused.

I think the club could do much to calm the fans down by explaining what REALLY happened with Nat and Lance and how this has benefitted us and is going to benefit us because at the minute we're staring down the barrel of 20+ games that are going to become little more than friendly matches. That would not only help the fans, but the manager too. I'm not asking for that to be done on here or on the OWS, but why not on the Members' Forum? Afterall, as a club we're happy to share other bits of far more sensitive information on there. The fans are.... ;)

Sorry if i've rubbed people up the wrong way, I'm just being honest.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
BartonRaz
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oh and Three Nips, that has to go down as one of my favourite ever Diamonds Forum posts.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rdfc4life

Post by rdfc4life »

Totally agree with the last two posts.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Three Nips wrote:
Pigman wrote:I meant to add, maybe the lack of vocal support had something to do with what is happening on the field?? Maybe we as fans need to up our game rather than look for scapegoats elsewhere ??
Perhaps if the football on show was anyhting other than dire 'hoofball' then maybe there may be more to cheer/get excited about.

I for one have become disillusioned watching a lacklustre, uninspiring and dismal style of football: ever wonder why Stoke games are rarely shown on live TV???

As for looking for scapegoats, if this is my opinion, then this comes down to the style of play. As per previous posts, no-one other than the manager has a say on this, so I'm afraid the buck stops there.

I see a lot of people say on here that they 'trust the manager'. I can't say I know the chap on a personal level so can't comment from that perspective but what is there in his career that says he warrants automatic trust? From what I gather (quite prepared to be shot down by some statto!), he hasn't got a great deal of senior football management experience.

As previously mentioned here, there does seem to be an attitude problem with some of our more renowned players shall we say and I just wonder if that is causing a bit of a divide in the dressing room. Might need an extension putting on to fit in the egos of King, Dunkley & Koriya! No one man is bigger than the team and I think some people need to realise this
A distinct lack of ideas was a problem for us last season but sheer quality dragged us through some needlessly tight games. I can't help but think a bit of UCL know-how would do us a world of good (and I don't mean someone who's going to bring in every Tom, Dick & Harry from Northampton Spencer alumni). I don't expect this from the current board members who have only been around for a couple of years, but as the saying goes 'it's not what you know, it's who you know'; the club would benefit from someone with in-depth knowledge of the nether regions of non-league football.

If anyone replies with 'the team plays to the crowd' then I'd be more than happy for them to pay £6 to get in and for me to waltz in for free and have first dibs at the buffet at the end of the game!

Let's see if the same clique as usual fancy lambasting someone with an opinion other than their own! Portions of the tripe on Facebook ain't worth the time of day but this Forum has recently been a breeding ground for a load of absolute drivel and the attitude of some people on here is just downright comical!

Feel free to disect my every word and tear me to shreds!
Very close to the truth.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

BartonRaz wrote:Honestly, it's good to have some serious two-sided debate on here again.

The issue here is not with the board, certainly not in my opinion, the board are doing a fine job and long may it continue. The issue I believe stems from the PR own-goal that has been and continues to be the Nat/Lance saga. Let's start from the beginning.

Two first team players in Wisniewski and Dent leave the club, much to the disappointment of many. Next we find out Lance and Nat have gone which leaves us very short. At least 2 of the above were fans favourites. The fans are confused. The club release a statement that is both extremely vague and harsh on the two players IMO, regardless of what they've done. The players only way of defending themselves is by taking to social media so naturally Nat does just that.

Nat puts on Twitter that he's been released because of his tweets. Many of us fans are then left thinking - hang on a minute. Haven't we seen far worse from another player in our side? Other players have been guilty of it too. Nat then said he felt he'd been made an example of and at the time I was inclined to agree. People at the club are then at pains to point out that the statement mentioned nothing about Twitter. So are they trying to say that it was nothing to do with Twitter? If so, somebody is lying. The fans are confused.

Then we're told that there were other factors which we're unaware about - i'm not bothered about that, that can stay in the dressing room as far as i'm concerned and if that's the case then fair enough. We're then told in interviews, programme notes and on here that the decision has been taken in the best interests of the club/team which is the sticking point for me. On what basis is it in our best interests? They've been missing for two games. In those two games it's left us unable to fill a bench against PNS, left us having to re-sign a player that couldn't command a place last season in Division One, and unfortunately for everybody, it's seen us drop further points that have effectively pissed up the wall any remaining chance we had of promotion this season. The fans are confused.

Then, we're further embarrassed when a certain former player takes it upon himself to reveal that a whole host of players are unhappy. Why are the players unhappy here? The fans are confused.

I think the club could do much to calm the fans down by explaining what REALLY happened with Nat and Lance and how this has benefitted us and is going to benefit us because at the minute we're staring down the barrel of 20+ games that are going to become little more than friendly matches. That would not only help the fans, but the manager too. I'm not asking for that to be done on here or on the OWS, but why not on the Members' Forum? Afterall, as a club we're happy to share other bits of far more sensitive information on there. The fans are.... ;)

Sorry if i've rubbed people up the wrong way, I'm just being honest.

Brilliant and concise.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
corby diamond
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

BartonRaz, spot on and excellent!!!
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Ok I am going to have my say now.

OK so we have lost 2 consecutive games at home and haven't played as well as we could since Dover really, it's a worry for every fan.

Now on the departures (and bear in mind you can read the chairmans reply on the members forum) Whizz and Elliot chose to leave, the management wanted them to stay. Lance and Nat was a decision made by the management which they felt was best for the team and the board supported as we support the manager.

Did I know why Wormull, Duffy, Jack, Mills or Burgess left, no I didn't, the manager made the decision end of story, just because we are a fan owned club doesn't give us the right to know the inner workings of the dressing room, I don't want to be meddling in the dressing room either, it's what we employ the management for. If they fail they know the consequences just like every other manager.

The difference is when Burgess left he made some snide comments to the press, nowadays they can take to twitter.

Now as for the board bashing, I am big and ugly enough to take criticism, and we all know we are learning and will do things wrong, sorry guys but every fan owned club will do that, and if we want to move forward we have to learn from when we do things wrong. However I can say that everyone, board and volunteer wise give everything they can for the benefit of the club, I don't know anyone who is doing it for the glory. Next home game take a look at the home directors seats, you won't find anyone of us in there (apart from the Wellingborough chaps if they aren't playing) because we are all doing things so that we can all watch, I can tell you it's just as frustrating to miss 10 chances and lose 2-1 when you've missed half of it.

A Fans forum was already in the process of being organised when some things can be expanded upon, but we aren't MyFC and my preference is we shouldn't be run like that. Of course as we are a fan owned club if the majority of the members want us to be then thats an option, but I wouldn't vote for it.

Remember we wanted to to establish ourselves as a top 4 team this season, we have someway to go to achieve that at the moment but thats the aim. If results don't go our way over the next few games, it's crucial that we get the team set up for a challenge next season, hopefully most of the fans will stay with us.

Now please show your support in a positive way, it's hard enough with every other fan and player wanting us to fail.
AFC R&D Member No. 67