Details of third kit members vote

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Details of third kit members vote

Post by Everyweeker »

BartonRaz wrote:Not keen on any of them, but as i've got the right to vote i'll go with...

-Red
-Sky Blue
-Blue

Would have liked to have seen something really unique or unusual, there was a lot of call for that on the members forum when the idea was suggested. I think Rob's got the right word... 'meh'.
We had unique options last year, but as a fan base we couldn't come up with a design that quite worked beyond the excellent first two kits.

The board has listened to the charity element for the third kit, they may not be unique, but they still look good. I think we could bea bit more positive - or make our own designs ;)
Member Number: 21
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

No need to be like that Bozzer, I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm not the first on this thread to express a bit of disappointment. I'll still buy the kit to support the club and DRMF, I'm just not overwhelmed by any of them.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

BartonRaz wrote:No need to be like that Bozzer, I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm not the first on this thread to express a bit of disappointment. I'll still buy the kit to support the club and DRMF, I'm just not overwhelmed by any of them.
The simple problem is we can't have something truly unique in the order quantities that we can commit to for a 3rd kit. That's the reality I'm afraid :?
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

AndyKirkup wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:No need to be like that Bozzer, I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm not the first on this thread to express a bit of disappointment. I'll still buy the kit to support the club and DRMF, I'm just not overwhelmed by any of them.
The simple problem is we can't have something truly unique in the order quantities that we can commit to for a 3rd kit. That's the reality I'm afraid :?
That's fair enough AK.

bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

ok mate, it's not a problem, of course you are entitled to your opinion, but as mentioned further down we can't have something unique for the quantities we will buy and therefore we felt these were the best options as Red and blue both represent the previous clubs and the sky blue was very Dale like. This process has taken quite a bit of time and frustration to get it to this stage, we would love to be able to offer a bespoke unique design but unfortunately we can't.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

bozzer wrote:
ok mate, it's not a problem, of course you are entitled to your opinion, but as mentioned further down we can't have something unique for the quantities we will buy and therefore we felt these were the best options as Red and blue both represent the previous clubs and the sky blue was very Dale like. This process has taken quite a bit of time and frustration to get it to this stage, we would love to be able to offer a bespoke unique design but unfortunately we can't.
Now it's been clarified I understand the reasons why. I didn't mean to belittle the work that goes on behind the scenes was just giving my opinion on the options presented.

bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

BartonRaz wrote:
bozzer wrote:
Now it's been clarified I understand the reasons why. I didn't mean to belittle the work that goes on behind the scenes was just giving my opinion on the options presented.
No worries at all, it would be really boring if everyone agreed on everything anyway!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

No worries at all, it would be really boring if everyone agreed on everything anyway![/quote]

I agree.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

FOOTYMAN wrote:The club is new and I wasn't suggesting a new kit colour overall, just for the 3rd kit, which is hardly likely to be worn.
Depending on the winning colour, there could be plenty of opportunities to wear the 3rd kit. We try to wear the away kit away from home whenever possible, for a number of reasons, but there have been a few occasions where we have worn the home kit at away games due to home side's kit clashing with our away kit.

There have been numerous cases this season (Saturday at Raunds being a prime example) where we have worn the away strip, but the shorts have clashed with the home side. This isn't really an issue and all the refs we've encountered this season have been fine with it, but it would be nice to have the option of a third kit which didn't clash at all.

With so many UCL clubs playing in red and black shirts, a red third kit might not get many outings however!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

AndyKirkup wrote:
Of course, people must realise its not like we've got the millions the old club had to do what we want with kits, I remember with the playoff kit we had a few years back, we couldn't afford to order a personalised kit, so just had to pick one of macron's generic kits. And anyway, imo the first and second kits are unique and must say I'm still very happy with them (prefer the home kit to any of the old RDFC kits), they really stand out amongst a league of amateur/basic kits.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308