Massive Vote of Thanks Needed

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
pitchero

Massive Vote of Thanks Needed

Post by pitchero »

Whilst we are all excited to see the new senior team run out on Saturday to start the UCL campaign, I would like to pay tribute to the fans who have worked tirelessly on improving the Dog & Duck.

Jim. Bob and his crew deserve a massive vote of thanks from all members and officials.

I have been around in football longer than Zeus and know how hard it is to get volunteers to help around the ground, usually its the same one or two people putting their hands up when work is needed to be done.

I know the ground crew would have preferred more help, but what they have done is marvellous and they deserve as much applause as anyone on Saturday afternoon.

I was football chairman when the Dog & Duck was a real mess - grass almost up to your neck and the stand falling down - it took a long time and a great deal of hard work to get it around and eventually it passed Southern League standard.

What the AFC boys have done has taken it to the next level.

The facilities aren`t great - we know that - new dressing rooms and a new clubhouse is a must - but the lads have got the best out of what is available.

Well done chaps - you have done a great job.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Massive Vote of Thanks Needed

Post by bozzer »

have to second that Steve, it looks a different ground almost. I know there will be teething problems like a big q to get your food and the speakers not reaching into the stand, but it will come.

However what has been done has been brilliant, Jim even painted the club shop whilst the under 18's was on this monday!!!.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Thanks guys (bozzer, Bob joined me on Monday busting up and shifting concrete, hanging the goal nets, painting the shop and cleaning up the changing rooms after the match) but I've been supported by some great people !! There are loads of folks doing stuff behind the scenes, we're not the only ones and we couldn't have done it without their help, same as all the matchday stuff, some of the guys organising that work so damn hard !! I'm proud to be part of the team !! :D

Sadly I've been "deflected" from the task with the day job and other priorities, otherwise I think we'd be even further ahead with our plans, but I'm pleased with where we are for the start of the season, but once I've had the chance to gather my thoughts and do a bit of planning I'll be doing a second push to finish a few more bits off, so watch out, I'll be on the search for help ;) :D

Its great that the efforts of the volunteers are being recognised though and I pass on my thanks to those that have stepped up to the plate when asked, I won't name names, but one or two people have really gone the extra mile for us and can be very proud of what they have achieved (you know who you are !!). :D

As bozzer says, I'm sure there will be teething problems, but we'll get there in the end !! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

pitchero wrote:Whilst we are all excited to see the new senior team run out on Saturday to start the UCL campaign, I would like to pay tribute to the fans who have worked tirelessly on improving the Dog & Duck.

Jim. Bob and his crew deserve a massive vote of thanks from all members and officials.

I have been around in football longer than Zeus and know how hard it is to get volunteers to help around the ground, usually its the same one or two people putting their hands up when work is needed to be done.

I know the ground crew would have preferred more help, but what they have done is marvellous and they deserve as much applause as anyone on Saturday afternoon.

I was football chairman when the Dog & Duck was a real mess - grass almost up to your neck and the stand falling down - it took a long time and a great deal of hard work to get it around and eventually it passed Southern League standard.

What the AFC boys have done has taken it to the next level.

The facilities aren`t great - we know that - new dressing rooms and a new clubhouse is a must - but the lads have got the best out of what is available.

Well done chaps - you have done a great job.

*Blushes*

We could have done a better job, if we had more help, (but I won't press that old chestnut now)
Been down to the D&D tonight and the stand is coming on a treat, just needs the flooring and cladding to finish off for Saturday (let's hope the weather holds off) 8-) 8-)
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Did ya take any piccies??? Text/email them over if you did !
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

not from tonight, but from yesterday 8-)
Southstand

Post by Southstand »

Huge Well done to all involved, it's shaping up to be a very tidy ground! Always liked the dog and duck anyway, can't wait to see the improvements.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:not from tonight, but from yesterday 8-)
I was just thinking, you'd think chas would have rigged up a webcam so we had live feeds going on showing the progress of the stand via the website wouldn't you.............its not as though he's got anything else to do at the moment is it? ;) :lol:
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Pigman wrote:
Duke of Wimbourne wrote:not from tonight, but from yesterday 8-)
I was just thinking, you'd think chas would have rigged up a webcam so we had live feeds going on showing the progress of the stand via the website wouldn't you.............its not as though he's got anything else to do at the moment is it? ;) :lol:
Funny you should say that...bandwidth problems.

Live Feed - Dog n Duck
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Looks like we need to get David down there with his screwdriver tp sort out the lights ;)