Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Brownie »

davealbon wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:41 pm
Brownie wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:28 am
davealbon wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:19 pm

Looking at the squad lists, the bar seems to be set rather low in order to qualify as a K*ttering legend! But I guess when you've had 150 years of achieving little more than f*ck all, the legends pool is going to be a rather shallow one.
And at least Ron Atkinson would have been glad of the work, given opportunities are thin on the ground now after all his racist comments over the years.
They certainly did drag their knuckles along the bottom of a very shallow pond when looking for leg ends K*ttering style. I remember in the early announcements there was a lad who roughly had played about 15 games as a striker and scored 1 goal, a legend 🤦‍♂️
Was it The Flamingo?!
No I can't remember the lads name and I'd never heard of him before, apparently went on to play in the League, but he certainly didn't tick the Legend category box in my world. Flamingo didn't get to double figures in appearances did he??
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Brownie wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:18 pm

They certainly did drag their knuckles along the bottom of a very shallow pond when looking for leg ends K*ttering style. I remember in the early announcements there was a lad who roughly had played about 15 games as a striker and scored 1 goal, a legend 🤦‍♂️
Was it The Flamingo?!
No I can't remember the lads name and I'd never heard of him before, apparently went on to play in the League, but he certainly didn't tick the Legend category box in my world. Flamingo didn't get to double figures in appearances did he??
It was probably Newcastle United striker Callum Wilson, according to WikiPedia he played 17 games and scored 1 goal.

I would hazard a guess that to pick their legends team they just looked at 'successful seasons' and invited everyone who played for them during that season.

Lets be honest though as long as it generates some money for the club I guess it doesn't matter, we have obviously been inspired by the idea so if we can also get an attendance of over 1000 to our game it would be great.

The RDFC team will be full of talent, we should have asked Andy Burgess to manage them.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

It's a shame his recent managerial duties for us overshadow his playing career for us.
He was a great player in a successful team.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

Dean Snedker played for Rugby Borough last night in the play offs at Step 6
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Wobbly Wardley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:24 pm Dean Snedker played for Rugby Borough last night in the play offs at Step 6
Really??
Wobbly Wardley
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

Ricky330 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:49 pm
Wobbly Wardley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:24 pm Dean Snedker played for Rugby Borough last night in the play offs at Step 6
Really??
Season finished for us, I’m guessing he was duel signed for them all season.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Wobbly Wardley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:56 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:49 pm
Really??
Season finished for us, I’m guessing he was duel signed for them all season.
Certainly all month, no signings after 1st April usually.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Nothing announced by the club, maybe he has a friend there and agreed to play for them as a favour, if their regular keeper was unavailable? He’s miles better than that level. We were lucky to have him as we all know he’s better than step 3/4.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
@fan89footy
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by @fan89footy »

Bit of a p1ss take really (although within the rules), Dean plays 40 off games at step 3 this season and then makes two appearances at step 6 (one in the play off semi final and one in the final). I wonder how the guy who has played in goal all season for Rugby Borough assisting them up to third in the league felt!

In the same league when Rushden & Higham had a goalkeeping crisis they had to put their manager in goal!
@fan89footy
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by @fan89footy »

Brownie wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:18 pm

Was it The Flamingo?!
Lawrie Dudfield.