Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Trek »

Adrian wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:02 pm To be fair Fairlamb was impressive for St Ives last season…..
He was actually injured for most of last season. Played a few games at the start and according to a less than impressed St Ives fan that I spoke to on New Year’s Day ‘broke a fetlock’😂 but appeared in the last month or so. Nothing special from what I saw when he played against us at left back in April.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Fairlamb signs for Tamworth Diamonds as a left back.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Marcus Bignot has been sacked as Birmingham City Ladies FC manager and also handed seven-match ban for homophobic slur... due to this incident he was booted off the FA’s elite coach placement programme where he worked with the men's England U19 team.
He aimed abuse at openly gay Tottenham Hotspur manager Rehanne Skinner on the touchline.

He said: “Maybe if you had a bit of p---k in you and in your life then maybe you’d be better for it and at your job.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... omophobic/

I don't know if Ben Rumsby is being funny or if it's genuine but I liked his spelling mistake...
Bigot, who previously worked with the England Under-19 men’s team, was also ordered to attend a mandatory face-to-face education programme.
:hehe: :hehe:

Either way, disgusting behaviour and that'll be the end of him in English football.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Shane Bush joins Newport Pagnell.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:01 pm Shane Bush joins Newport Pagnell.
Looks like Pagnell are spending the Vase money wisely and putting a decent side together and could do well in UCL this season, best of luck to them always liked NP as a Club and the way they operate, also been a fair few Diamonds players there over the years.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Max Porter appointed Arsenal under 21's assistant coach.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Will Jones joins Bugbrooke. I maybe wrong but I understand that the move is subject to a tribunal.

I wish him well and the most important thing for me is that I hope he gets back to enjoying his football. I hope that he scores a shed load of goals for his new team and gets himself noticed by higher league clubs as surely he'll be a step 2 player in the not so distant future.

What I would like to know is how far Burge and the club went to try and keep him as in my opinion he deserved to be given the number 9 shirt this season.

It will be interesting now to see if other unsigned players follow suit?
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

The pressman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:28 pm Will Jones joins Bugbrooke. I maybe wrong but I understand that the move is subject to a tribunal.

I wish him well and the most important thing for me is that I hope he gets back to enjoying his football. I hope that he scores a shed load of goals for his new team and gets himself noticed by higher league clubs as surely he'll be a step 2 player in the not so distant future.

What I would like to know is how far Burge and the club went to try and keep him as in my opinion he deserved to be given the number 9 shirt this season.

Nonsense! I'm not saying he's not a good player, but Step 2. Nah sorry can't see it.

We had a young lad who played for the U18's a few years back, (his name escapes me), who played a few games for the first team scored a few goals and ended up getting injured, put on the pounds after finding beer (and probably women) and then ended up at R&H in the UCL.

I wish Will well at Bugbrooke and hope he scores loads of goals and enjoys his football. Surely though if he wanted to stay at this level or similar he could have gone on trial at local sides like St Ives, Royston, Bedford or even St Neots?

Perhaps the supposed new more "professional" regime under Burgess didn't suit what he wanted out of football, so he went to Bugbrooke where it may be a bit more relaxed? Not everyone wants to slog it out in the top end of Non- League football. Some just want to play and enjoy it.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:45 pm
The pressman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:28 pm Will Jones joins Bugbrooke. I maybe wrong but I understand that the move is subject to a tribunal.

Nonsense! I'm not saying he's not a good player, but Step 2. Nah sorry can't see it.

We had a young lad who played for the U18's a few years back, (his name escapes me), who played a few games for the first team scored a few goals and ended up getting injured, put on the pounds after finding beer (and probably women) and then ended up at R&H in the UCL.

I wish Will well at Bugbrooke and hope he scores loads of goals and enjoys his football. Surely though if he wanted to stay at this level or similar he could have gone on trial at local sides like St Ives, Royston, Bedford or even St Neots?

Perhaps the supposed new more "professional" regime under Burgess didn't suit what he wanted out of football, so he went to Bugbrooke where it may be a bit more relaxed? Not everyone wants to slog it out in the top end of Non- League football. Some just want to play and enjoy it.
Jake Reynolds possibly?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The pressman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:28 pm I wish him well and the most important thing for me is that I hope he gets back to enjoying his football. I hope that he scores a shed load of goals for his new team and gets himself noticed by higher league clubs as surely he'll be a step 2 player in the not so distant future.
Disagree on this, sorry. The best thing Will could have done last season was go out on loan to a team like Daventry or Corby and got some more games under his belt. For whatever reason that didn't happen. No doubt he'll score a tonne of goals for Bugbrooke but he was a long way from being ready for regular Step 3 football based on what I saw, which is probably to be expected given his age.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291