Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Brownie »

AJ George signed for North Leigh.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Brownie wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:22 pm AJ George signed for North Leigh.
Good signing for them, a lot of non league clubs facing financial difficulties this summer, wouldn't be surprised to see 3 teams going down rather than 4.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

Miguel Ngwa Signs on loan at Spalding
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

not sure how many people rember him, but kings Langley first goal was scored by Leon chambers-parrilon who made a cameo appearance for us against Banbury just before the first lockdown. Not 100% sure, but I also think their number 10 Liam sole played for us in the first half off that game before he was hooked. In sure they were on some sort of work experience from Oxford United
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Leon appeared in two games - but only for a few minutes in each case - https://www.afcdiamonds.com/201920-play ... tch-stats/
It was Fabio Sole rather than Liam Sole that managed 45 minutes in the Banbury game.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Plenty of ex-Diamonds appearing in the K*ttering Legends game today - even Tarkan Mustafa, who I remember starring for the club in a memorable game against the Poppies alongside Duane Darby and Jon Brady.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Formic wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:31 pm Plenty of ex-Diamonds appearing in the K*ttering Legends game today - even Tarkan Mustafa, who I remember starring for the club in a memorable game against the Poppies alongside Duane Darby and Jon Brady.
Looking at the squad lists, the bar seems to be set rather low in order to qualify as a K*ttering legend! But I guess when you've had 150 years of achieving little more than f*ck all, the legends pool is going to be a rather shallow one.
And at least Ron Atkinson would have been glad of the work, given opportunities are thin on the ground now after all his racist comments over the years.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

davealbon wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:19 pm
Formic wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:31 pm Plenty of ex-Diamonds appearing in the K*ttering Legends game today - even Tarkan Mustafa, who I remember starring for the club in a memorable game against the Poppies alongside Duane Darby and Jon Brady.
Looking at the squad lists, the bar seems to be set rather low in order to qualify as a K*ttering legend! But I guess when you've had 150 years of achieving little more than f*ck all, the legends pool is going to be a rather shallow one.
And at least Ron Atkinson would have been glad of the work, given opportunities are thin on the ground now after all his racist comments over the years.
:good:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

They certainly did drag their knuckles along the bottom of a very shallow pond when looking for leg ends K*ttering style. I remember in the early announcements there was a lad who roughly had played about 15 games as a striker and scored 1 goal, a legend 🤦‍♂️
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Brownie wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:28 am
They certainly did drag their knuckles along the bottom of a very shallow pond when looking for leg ends K*ttering style. I remember in the early announcements there was a lad who roughly had played about 15 games as a striker and scored 1 goal, a legend 🤦‍♂️
Was it The Flamingo?!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297