Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: Former Players

Post by BartonRaz »

diamondsteve wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:01 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:19 pm Neither did anything at Corby last season and neither have shown any inkling of doing better for us. Cobblers released Lashley who has performed far better than either. Going back a couple seasons Cobblers released Morgan Roberts, he was good for us, outstanding for Banbury and now at Swindon.
Lashley was awful last night cannot get the basics right,step 5 player unfortunately
I think there's a player in there, but not a left back. He looks more like a left midfielder to me. I had reservations before the season started about having a young lad as a first choice full-back after what happened with Garwood last season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:07 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:19 pm Neither did anything at Corby last season and neither have shown any inkling of doing better for us. Cobblers released Lashley who has performed far better than either. Going back a couple seasons Cobblers released Morgan Roberts, he was good for us, outstanding for Banbury and now at Swindon.
Lashley was awful last night cannot get the basics right,step 5 player unfortunately
I think there's a player in there, but not a left back. He looks more like a left midfielder to me. I had reservations before the season started about having a young lad as a first choice full-back after what happened with Garwood last season.
interesting That in burgess' s post match comments, that he thought lashley played well last night. I didn't go last night so can't comment on that, but he does look like he needs a season as a back up type player to get used to this level. Putting him in as a regular is like throwing him in at the deep end. But the only other player who can also play at left back is Hughes, but he's needed at centre half
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:54 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:07 am

interesting That in burgess' s post match comments, that he thought lashley played well last night. I didn't go last night so can't comment on that, but he does look like he needs a season as a back up type player to get used to this level. Putting him in as a regular is like throwing him in at the deep end. But the only other player who can also play at left back is Hughes, but he's needed at centre half
It indeed felt he was in the deep end tues night and that was because he was asked to do more on top of the basics , which is what we need but not what Lashley needs. I felt he was easily beat on pace by their wingers. Having him play wing back means we need cover when we lose the ball
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Whats happened to sam brown,,he doesnt seem to be playing at banbury,,,has he stopped playing,,,family/work commitments?,,moved on?,,,no sign of him up at tamworth :hmmm: shame really ,quality chap/player
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

discodunk wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:58 pm Whats happened to sam brown,,he doesnt seem to be playing at banbury,,,has he stopped playing,,,family/work commitments?,,moved on?,,,no sign of him up at tamworth :hmmm: shame really ,quality chap/player
He played for them on Saturday.
discodunk

Post by discodunk »

Doh ,my bad i was looking at the away team line up :cheesy:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

discodunk wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:39 pm Doh ,my bad i was looking at the away team line up :cheesy:
Morning Dunc trust you are well.
Sam’s fine and now back playing. He picked up an injury towards the end of pre season then missed a few games as unavailable, don’t want anyone thinking he’s left or not happy where he is or he may get pestered with daft 7 day approaches.
Hopefully Saturday was a corner turned for Diamonds as the forum has made depressing reading of late.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Great to hear from you Andy
discodunk

Post by discodunk »

Brownie wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:23 am
discodunk wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:39 pm Doh ,my bad i was looking at the away team line up :cheesy:
Morning Dunc trust you are well.
Sam’s fine and now back playing. He picked up an injury towards the end of pre season then missed a few games as unavailable, don’t want anyone thinking he’s left or not happy where he is or he may get pestered with daft 7 day approaches.
Hopefully Saturday was a corner turned for Diamonds as the forum has made depressing reading of late.
Hi Andy glad to hear everything is fine in the brownie camp,i guess i was fishing for Sam's return,,,but glad he's back in action and i hope he stays fit and well,thanks for the update
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Kevin Wilkin leaves Brackley.