Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: Former Players

Post by diamondsteve »

Ricky330 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:34 pm
discodunk wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:26 pm Where has paddy gone ?
Training with Cogenhoe I'm led to believe. Can't sign for them tho
Wow somethings underlying here. Why would you sack your club off to train (not even play) for a step 6 club?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:09 pm
discodunk wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:26 pm Where has paddy gone ?
Wow somethings underlying here. Why would you sack your club off to train (not even play) for a step 6 club?
only thing I can think of is that he wants to work with biff again
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:22 pm
Most definitely but why ? The only thing I can think of is that he doesn’t like our management or the way we do things. And wanted to leave a step 3 side asap . It’s a strange one
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:43 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:22 pm

Most definitely but why ? The only thing I can think of is that he doesn’t like our management or the way we do things. And wanted to leave a step 3 side asap . It’s a strange one
It's Burge's lack of man management skills, the comments about losing Dolman and co made it sound like he was confident he could easily replace them, the way he took a team that were giving everything each week to get into those players, in a fab position and then the team spirit just started fading away, he couldn't motivate them.

If you head on to Google and type in Andy Burgess, you will see soo many clubs that have employed him, does he just grow unhappy at these clubs and move onto the next one? you can't even say the moves are in an upward direction so it's not about ambition. do the clubs just grow tired of him?

Let's get someone in who is realistic and not a dreamer.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Don't know whether this comes under former players yet, but both Miguel Ngwa and Jack Connor started and played over 70 minutes each for Cobblers in the EFL trophy tonight.

I know it's only a Mickey mouse competition, but still surprised they have managed to be needed by them, I would say neither is good enough for our first team, let alone a professional team...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Olly wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:42 pm Don't know whether this comes under former players yet, but both Miguel Ngwa and Jack Connor started and played over 70 minutes each for Cobblers in the EFL trophy tonight.

I know it's only a Mickey mouse competition, but still surprised they have managed to be needed by them, I would say neither is good enough for our first team, let alone a professional team...
Completely agree with one of those, flabbergasted they're associated with a professional club. The other I think is harsh.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:48 pm
Olly wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:42 pm Don't know whether this comes under former players yet, but both Miguel Ngwa and Jack Connor started and played over 70 minutes each for Cobblers in the EFL trophy tonight.

Completely agree with one of those, flabbergasted they're associated with a professional club. The other I think is harsh.
Tasteless and classless comments by you both.

These are young players trying to make their way in the game.

If you don't think they are good footballers, you should take into account that Northampton Town FC do not force us to sign their players on loan.

Andy Burgess signed them, he must have thought they were good players, he is the one that should take the criticism not the players.

Given that our entire squad has underperformed there is also an argument that under a different manager these 2 could actually be good footballers
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

NN10-Nige wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:26 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:48 pm

Tasteless and classless comments by you both.

These are young players trying to make their way in the game.

If you don't think they are good footballers, you should take into account that Northampton Town FC do not force us to sign their players on loan.

Andy Burgess signed them, he must have thought they were good players, he is the one that should take the criticism not the players.

Given that our entire squad has underperformed there is also an argument that under a different manager these 2 could actually be good footballers
To be fair you make some valid points particularly the last sentence, however I still stand by what I said. One of them has got a chance, the other hasn't.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Neither did anything at Corby last season and neither have shown any inkling of doing better for us. Cobblers released Lashley who has performed far better than either. Going back a couple seasons Cobblers released Morgan Roberts, he was good for us, outstanding for Banbury and now at Swindon.
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:19 pm Neither did anything at Corby last season and neither have shown any inkling of doing better for us. Cobblers released Lashley who has performed far better than either. Going back a couple seasons Cobblers released Morgan Roberts, he was good for us, outstanding for Banbury and now at Swindon.
Lashley was awful last night cannot get the basics right,step 5 player unfortunately