Fundraising Idea

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Welsh

Fundraising Idea

Post by Welsh »

As a dull accountant, "sales" or fundraising ideas aren't my strong point, but here goes. Shoot me down in flames if its sh*te!

It strikes me that the fundraising really falls into two camps; large volume small donation and small volume high donation/sponsorship. The latter is a more strategic exercise and I hope the group forming on Friday will look at this as I think we'll need a couple of these.

My suggestion is very much in the first category and is trying to aim at our transient support to try and not hit the same loyal 1000 disproportionately. The suggestion is "find the 7000". This is a task to find the 7000 who went to Cardiff to watch us in the play off final in what, for me, was the high point of our football journey. I would like everyone in that group to donate a £10 to the cause, raising £70,000.

I know 7 people immediately who cam with me to that game, but aren't regulars. I'm sure we can all find a similar ratio. We could set up a facebook group (or modify the existing) to generate awareness and perhaps reference their payments on paypal so we can see the donations from this idea.

I'm sure there is someone out there who can modify and improve this concept if its a goer......

BTW, i've never seen what our actual attendance was that day, but i'm sure I heard it was about 24,000 in total with 17,000 estimated from Cheltenham.
nick_RDFC

Re: Fundraising Idea

Post by nick_RDFC »

Right here is an idea i have had for a while now, i think we should do some sort of waendel walk/bike ride with a route around northamptonshire, everyone who is taking part has to be sponsored, so say 1000 people take part and get sponsored by £100 each then thats £100,000 all going towards the club also we could do refreshments/BBQ after. Every little helps. Also there is the waendel walk thing taking down at the castle wellingborough (don't know if its happening anywhere else) this weekend so i reckon we should get some people down there so people can give donations towards the club.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Welsh wrote: BTW, i've never seen what our actual attendance was that day, but i'm sure I heard it was about 24,000 in total with 17,000 estimated from Cheltenham.
Your figures are pretty accurate and targeting the missing 6000 is a very good idea. I personally know of a couple near me who went but no longer visit Nene Park.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Trek wrote:
Welsh wrote: BTW, i've never seen what our actual attendance was that day, but i'm sure I heard it was about 24,000 in total with 17,000 estimated from Cheltenham.
Your figures are pretty accurate and targeting the missing 6000 is a very good idea. I personally know of a couple near me who went but no longer visit Nene Park.
Agreed it's an excellent idea - I have 3 who went with me that I could contact.

Maybe we could put a 'find the 7000' page on the website. PM Formic about this Welsh.