Craig Dobson

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Craig Dobson

Post by STAGMAN »

Just been having a peep on Poppynet and according to one of their correspondents he appears to be coming to us . I think he is at barnsley and i think he is a winger ( to take tommos place ?), i stand to be corrected on any of this
Steve

Re: Craig Dobson

Post by Steve »

I just had a look out of interest, and it's Simon Heslop they are talking about, the Cm they had from Barnsley, who was very impressive in the Leeds game on the box... not Dobson. Heslop would be a good signing but he's a CM and we dont need one so i can't see it myself.
OundleDiamond

Post by OundleDiamond »

Can't find anything about this...never can on their site for some reason. Anyone care to link?
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Dobson is a winger who was previously with Stevenage, looking him up since then confirms what I remember hearing which is that he had a trial with Mansfield this season, and played a little. Was released and signed for Farnborough according to Wikipedia so moving again very soon is extremely unlikely (and he isn't Anthony Barry who signed for Wrexham then got his contract cancelled so Fleetwood could pay him 3 times as much).

As for signing any central midfielder, well I would be extremely surprised. If we needed another there is always Beecroft, McNamara hasn't been around the squad much recently, Corcoran could play a defensive midfield role, or Byrne could play in the centre, with Wolleaston fully fit and Porter and Terry we've got too many options there if anything, none of which I would be too happy to get rid of in order to get another one in, maybe McNamara but I like him, I think he's got potential, although he could do with a loan spell right now to get some games.
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

OundleDiamond wrote:Can't find anything about this...never can on their site for some reason. Anyone care to link?
http://www.poppynet.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... &start=410
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
OundleDiamond

Post by OundleDiamond »

Thanks. Wouldn't have thought we'd go for another CM to be honest.
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

Heslop was Ketterings best player and was one of the best players on the pitch against Leeds.. would be a great signing IMO. Although agree we have quite a few midfielders.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I think Heslop can play left side too...
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

If Heslop was to join, i think that would be last we'd see of McNamara!