Tomlin-diamonds legend?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Tomlin-diamonds legend?

Post by oliv272 »

For those of you who have looked at the diamonds legend page on their site you will understand what I am on about otherwise go on their site then click club then diamonds legend.

It's not a very prestigious title but still tomlin should be put on there for his long period with the club and his quality of play. What are you views on this?
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Tomlin-diamonds legend?

Post by Bob's Bitch »

When I checked the Club's Wikipedia page last night I noticed that Jacko and Tomlin were listed as 'Notable Past Players' which is fair. Legend maybe for seeing us into the play-offs but it probably depends on what your definition of legend is. Personally I think Billy Sharp should be put in there for keeping us up, but I know others would disagree. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

He's not a legend. A bloody good player but not a legend. Lets not forget that in reality Tomlin had one good season, the previous 4 years he was largely poor and at times a disgrace. Harsh but true.

I certainly wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Darby or Collins, because he didn't put in 100% every time he played for the club.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Downsie53

Post by Downsie53 »

BartonRaz wrote:He's not a legend. A bloody good player but not a legend. Lets not forget that in reality Tomlin had one good season, the previous 4 years he was largely poor and at times a disgrace. Harsh but true.
Raz, the most sensible, matter of fact, 100% correct post ever made on this forum!
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

You know me Downsie ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

BartonRaz wrote:He's not a legend. A bloody good player but not a legend. Lets not forget that in reality Tomlin had one good season, the previous 4 years he was largely poor and at times a disgrace. Harsh but true.
I agree that he shouldn't be a legend, it would have taken another season of quality at least to be considered, but I do think people were overly harsh on a player who clearly didn't know his best position who was frustrating as we could all see he had the latent talent there, that doesn't mean he was poor, he just wasn't amazing either. His attitude is the seal on not becoming of legend status too.
godber

Post by godber »

Not even close to being an all time diamonds legend,and I totally agree with the Raz
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Legend.. No. The most naturally taleneted player we have ever had? Possibly Yes. I think he can go on to be a better player than David Bell if he keeps his head down and lays off the Big Macs.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Agree with sentiments expressed on here. No way is Tommo a legend at the club. Good player last season, yes, but it takes that little something more to be a legend at any club. Had he performed consistantly for the last few years and given 100% during that time, we might have a debate on.