2010/11 entrance fees

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
coltrane

Re: 2010/11 entrance fees

Post by coltrane »

The club are trying to help to keep prices down as it only costs £15 to join the trust to gain a concessionary price into the PDB. £15 equivalent to 65p per game.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

ron manager wrote:Still feels like the Club are using this as an excuse to raise prices to me, call me cynical.
I'm finding it hard not to think this as well, although I dearly hope that KC and the people running the Club are better than this.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
ron manager wrote:Still feels like the Club are using this as an excuse to raise prices to me, call me cynical.
I'm finding it hard not to think this as well, although I dearly hope that KC and the people running the Club are better than this.
But they wouldn't offer the Trust membership as a way out if they were.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mad Dog wrote:
Exactly. I did tell Matt that there was strong feeling on this forum and he should take a look and judging by Joey's poll a large proportion of forum members appear to be De Bankers.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

coltrane wrote:The club are trying to help to keep prices down as it only costs £15 to join the trust to gain a concessionary price into the PDB. £15 equivalent to 65p per game.
That's not the issue although as Pigman has pointed out nobody should be forced to join the Trust.

The issue is whether the Conference is legally entitled to issue and enforce this directive. :evil:
ID

Post by ID »

Trek wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:
Exactly. I did tell Matt that there was strong feeling on this forum and he should take a look and judging by Joey's poll a large proportion of forum members appear to be De Bankers.
As well as this, according to JE's latest interview, we still have some money left in the budget for new players (link). I don't think we're that desperate for money to raise terrace prices so much without a good reason.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
ID

Post by ID »

Also it might be a good idea to email the BBC non-league football show, which is on tonight at 9pm: nonleague@bbc.co.uk. The more people who hear us making a fuss the better ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I keep coming on here thinking i'm going to see something from the club regarding the situation. It's certainly whipped up a storm.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

The Conference directive is telling us to charge our lowest price (terrace) for away fans but we can only offer them seating which is charged at £17 for home fans, so the clubs reaction has been to hike the price to £17 pounds for all areas of Nene Park.

However as usual there is loop hole that membership of a club or trust within the club can be given special prices but at a fee for this membership.

The Club have been actually put into a difficult position by the conference, they could have just sat back and charged away fans £14 and put them in the Airwair or North or South stands but at what cost to the reaction from the sitting home support and what about segregation issues once our pay on the day sitting fans can get £3 quid off by going to the away areas, this issue most likely forced the club to the to take the other decision to up the costs for the Terrace and try to soften the blow by using the loophole of trust membership.

The club could not win either way and i am surprised that some of our fans think the club istrying to rip them off.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

They could've lowered the Trust membership fee to something nominal like £5 so that the discount would be seen in 2 games rather than 5. That would've been less annoying for casual fans, £15 is rather a lot for people who are going to turn up once or twice in a season.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46