[ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AW

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Brownie wrote:
SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
davealbon wrote:It only got funnier when he ran out of the way of Gearing's penalty and Confue's strike for the third!
He;d obviously done his homework and knew that if he stood still he'd probably get whacked in the goolies by the kick.
It was a bit odd his "dive" for the pen, did someone shout "free beer by the corner flag" as Matt was running up to take it.
I have to say he's the worst keeper ive seen at UCL prem level. Comedy keeping for the first, fear of the ball for the others, 5 or 6 kicks that found touch and a piss poor 90's wedge haircut!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Aug ] v Ptrboro Northern Star, KO 3pm UCLP AW

Post by davealbon »

Brownie wrote:Agree Dave regarding the card, always a chance in today`s game, though if the only way to make it look like a nailed on red is a single frame sure it was most likely the case that the Ref was guessing & would not have been helped by the PNS antics. The long delay is often a sign of forthcoming bad news, it`s almost a Ref`s tactic, if I take my time and appear to be in control of the situation I may convince the gathered masses I have the faintest idea of what actually happened.
Funny you should say that; I spoke to Jack briefly after the game and asked him what the lino had told the ref. Apparently the lino said he hadn't seen it(despite being a matter of inches away!) so the ref made the decision himself. Strange that he was obviously not certain about the challenge so went and had a nice long chat with the lino (not shown on the video, but he did), lino said he didn't see it, so ref decided that the challenge must have been bad enough to warrant a straight red. You would think if there was enough uncertainty that he needed to speak to his assistant, then Jack would get the benefit of the doubt. :?
Brownie wrote:Out of interest Dave, how would you have marked the Ref? or is it best not to go there.
Let's just say that James and I discussed the procedure for reporting officials during the second half! ;) I honestly don't know what mark James gave the ref, and I didn't suggest what mark I would have given him, but it probably would have been just sub 60 and therefore enough to be reported. Everyone has commented on how he allowed PNS to ref the game for him, particularly in the first half, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the foul on Lingy (41 seconds in on the highlights). I thought it was a stone wall penalty when I saw it live, and having seen the highlights I'm more convinced than ever! I know Ling had probably overrun the ball but the defender just cleaned him out - a far more blatant penalty than the one he did award us in the second half.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297