[ Sat 13th Apr ] v Bourne Town, KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Apr ] v Bourne Town, KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

BartonRaz wrote:I'm getting frustrated seeing King on the bench again when he's quite clearly one of our best players.What do others think?
It's always tough when you have more players than team spaces.

As teams in our leagues are not full time and don't train every day then I would think that all have the same policy.

No train, no start.

It's something we've always encouraged at youth level because the outcome is always two fold. The first is that players get frustrated because they are putting in the training needed and not getting a start and also that if one player doesn't attend training but still gets a start then you will get others think they can do the same.

It's a slippery pole for management, they have to make it clear what the policy is to the players and then abide by it.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

The management team make the decisions - end of as far as I'm concerned, they have their reasons for their team selections. I don't think they're doing too bad so far are they?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The Bourne reporter wasn't too happy with the officials - http://www.srsn.co.uk/sport/football/Co ... ors-Bourne

Mind you, looking at Mal's pics there might be a "hint of offside" - but the match video doesn't convince me their penalty should have been given either.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Formic wrote:The Bourne reporter wasn't too happy with the officials - http://www.srsn.co.uk/sport/football/Co ... ors-Bourne

Mind you, looking at Mal's pics there might be a "hint of offside" - but the match video doesn't convince me their penalty should have been given either.
Jake's goal definitely shouldn't have stood, but the video confirmed my thoughts about the penalty; their player fouled Deaks twice, not the other way around! And f**K knows what the free kick for their first goal was given for!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297