Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Trek »

Sounds like Rob Foster may have been regretting his move from his recent tweet.

@rob_mf09: Never been so pissed off with football we actually don't have a clue and that hurts to say that.
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

Nice to see the UCL fan zone twitter page full of K*ttering info last night :roll: presume started by "the Club i`ve supported all my life are going down the pan"sob sob Jon Duh man, is this in anticipation of where they will be next year or possibly just HOPE they will even be that high. See the Flamingo got a 20 min run out last night what`s the latest running total on Newman watch :lol:
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

that'll do me !! Hope they manage to turn "he who must not be named" over in Court.

Usually the orders are recinded if a appeal is lodged, i assume RJ will show the court that they have assets that exceed the £58K or will have in due course with donations etc but then again never like RJ and his volunteer legal team assume a Judge will see things your way.

The fiurther problem if they do get the Winding up recinded is that KC now wants further monies for the business rates and i cannot see him backing down ( its not his style) so RJ will have to cougth up more money or go to the courts again.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

So who is going to be the first mug?

https://www.justgiving.com/local/project/savekettering/
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Exactly what is the purpose of this '11th hour' fund raising? RJ hadn't appealed for any money, prior to Monday's Court Hearing, to settle the £50k that he says KTFC had 'agreed' with KC so clearly they believed their club had the means to pay. This initiative was started by the Twitter betting guy on Monday evening and I would question his motives and it was only then that KTFC Trust decided that any donations should be recorded officially.
The only thing that will prevent them being wound up is a good legal case.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Brownie wrote:Nice to see the UCL fan zone twitter page full of K*ttering info last night :roll: presume started by "the Club i`ve supported all my life are going down the pan"sob sob Jon Duh man, is this in anticipation of where they will be next year or possibly just HOPE they will even be that high. See the Flamingo got a 20 min run out last night what`s the latest running total on Newman watch :lol:
472 - He's got one more chance to score before their next court date. What a great move it's been for him...
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

Noddy wrote:So who is going to be the first mug?

https://www.justgiving.com/local/project/savekettering/
I like that on that page the photo of Nene Park and the location map represent two entirely different locations.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

Pigman wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't really want them to go bust - just struggle and give me something to laugh at when they lose (like tonight :D ). What's football rivalry without your rivals??

I dislike them so much you wouldn't believe - but I'll not stoop to the level they did when we went under. They gleefully danced on our corpse and slipped into our still warm grave as quick as you can say "Ladick" so deserve all the bad fortune that has befallen them - but I still don't want them to go bust, where's the fun in that?

Limp along pot less and pointless acting like Billy Big Bollocks but getting turned over each week as they slowly drift down the leagues - that'll do me !! Hope they manage to turn "he who must not be named" over in Court.
Sorry Pigman trying to understand where your coming from but it`s hard :o new rivals (Right Irritating Vermin Attached to Local Scum) can be found & will appear at what ever level we play at, or do we need to tread water in the UCL in case they end up there next season. We didn`t worry about them when we were playing The Wobblers, Cumbridge or The Mad Hatters :lol: Lets leave them behind to rot in the festering stinking muck that is 141 years of dross culminating in 20 years of wild dreams nest hopping and mismanagement.
It may be the difference between us is, you only developed a slight irritation caused by them in the mid 90s which has had less than 2 decades to grow, I though being Bedford born & bred stood behind the goal down the Eagles from the early 70s and even Wikipedia shows K*ttering as Bedfords historic rivals so as an easily influenced teenager, I was advised and helped to developed the skills needed to hate K*ttering and after suffering that irritable red blotch for 40 years the time has now arrived to exorcise the beleaguered devil and cleanse my body, mind and soul. To cast all that is Ploppy into the fires of hell & damnation returning the fruits of Beelzebub`s loins back to whence they came, in brief slowly push them up the anal passage of history, as they are indeed full of history as wall as shit.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

If there's one thing that's annoying about "modern football", it's the people who say they're "against modern football" when it's quite clear that if you actually asked them to explain why they're against it their reply would mostly consist of 'ummm', 'errrrr' and 'well yeah I just am y'know'.

I'm starting the campaign Against Against Modern Football.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

The best part about the Poppies soap opera is the fact that just when you think they are ok something else hits them from the blind-side.

I had almost consigned myself to the fact that they were going to survive and then bang, they are round up in the High Court :lol: