Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Rushdenjim »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
Biggles wrote:
Cotty wrote:if it is true how long will it be before their so-called fans start blaming us for their sad demise, even though Rushden & Diamonds(2008) Ltd is nothing to do with our old club!
They won't go under if its only £58k, They will appeal to delay the winding up and either RJ goes deeper into his pockets and/or it will be a rally round to the faithful to dig deep again and place their pensions in the buckets to save the club yet again.

Any plans for a bigger budget for the current or new manager most likely has now gone out of the window.
Hasn't it already been delayed twice though? At some point it's got to be made final?
Previously they are been asking to delay A decision, now a decision has been made, they will probably ask for THE decision to be delayed. There is a good chance they will get it as well i suspect.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I wonder if Cousins actually wants some cash or if he just wants to wind up another club? £58k's loose change to him!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The last paragraph certain makes it look like that

"The ruling places the club’s affairs in the hands of an Official Receiver, whose job now will be to do his best to ensure that debts are paid off by selling any assets available and then bringing business to a close."
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Bob's Bitch wrote:I wonder if Cousins actually wants some cash or if he just wants to wind up another club? £58k's loose change to him!
The 58k is the amount of back rent KC demanded i believe, what we don't know is KC demanding more money to Cancel the lease, rumours were that he wanted rent paid upto 2015 to cancel, if so they may be buggered.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Bob's Bitch wrote:I wonder if Cousins actually wants some cash or if he just wants to wind up another club? £58k's loose change to him!
Sounds like RJ was banking on Cousins backing off that £58,000 figure...and Cousins called his bluff!

Still cannot believe it will end up being this simple...
Member Number: 21
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

JD has now tweeted

"Sounds like it may not be completely cut and dried as far as @KTFCOfficial are concerned. More discussions in court to come apparently #ktfc"
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Regardless of our rivalry, it's sad to see a club fall at the hand of KC again!
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Everyweeker wrote:Still cannot believe it will end up being this simple...
Same, seems a bit of a damp squib to me, not call for donations, no cry for help, nothing!

Maybe RJ knew this was coming and tried to steer them towards a good base for 2014/15 at Latimer Park?

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
Everyweeker wrote:Still cannot believe it will end up being this simple...
Same, seems a bit of a damp squib to me, not call for donations, no cry for help, nothing!

Maybe RJ knew this was coming and tried to steer them towards a good base for 2014/15 at Latimer Park?
Would make sense, but not sure it would square with the investment in this years squad - i.e. contract for Newman.
Member Number: 21